Saturday, February 23, 2008

when bernie gets home.....

bernie runs an ambulance fleet
so during storms and such he stays with the fleet to make sure that the 911 ambulances can get out
he stayed with the fleet last night
but he called me a bit ago that he was on his way home
his day crew can handle what little bit is left now

he said when he gets home he is going to do the ducks ( it's killing me not to run out there to check on them)
i am watching them from the window
they are actually enjoying the snow!
they are eatting it and playing in it

i've seen them doing that before
they also like ice chips!
i give them fresh water twice a day..... and when i break out the ice in the morning they eat the chips!

they do eventually get around to the liquid water but those silly ducks like the ice chips!

ok so we are going to town, i need a new chair.....my computer chair is totally finished
milk to make yogurt
bread flour
a scanner or an all in one
to get to the po
and i think the feed and grain

i want more wild bird seed

i am trying to think of how i can put in a patch of grain for the poultry,
without the really horrible neighbors destroying it
i could use that resource this year, i got all that land i can't use!

speaking of the birds..... marguerite went all broody on me again

i was discussing this the other day with her

me: 'marguerite, dear, you need to get up'
marguerite: 'i am going to be a mother'
me: 'marguerite, dear, you aren't going to be a mother, you don't have any thing under you'
marguerite: 'OH YES I AM'
me: 'marguerite dear, to be a mother, you need a father, .......there aren't any fathers around here....they are over an hour away'
marguerite: ( eyeing me in her little chicken way)'it doesn't matter, cause i SAID SO'

me: ' i am going to get the stockpot for that crazy chicken'



what you folks don't have conversations with chickens?

how lonely your lives must be


til next time

vi

1 comment:

  1. Hope you're feeling better after your fall vi!

    Give the duckies, chickies and others some love for me.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi