Sunday, September 26, 2010

and just when you least expect it

another good weekend (well so far at least)

we filled my thryoid med rx yesterday, so now i have peice of mind until  i need to get this renewed again.
i need an endo though

well let's see, we got some chicken on sale and i put it in the freezer, which caused the eviction of my wool and yarns......sniff
oye
so i am going to see about sealing them in bags
we also got new litter boxes and new litter for the cats, no one is using them however and there is STILL pee on the floor.
oye
i got butter on sale...and pears to make pear preserves, some broccoli to freeze up
tomorrow i hope to get 20 or so red peppers as i would like to do my sweet roasted red pepper sauce

we still need another 3 cords of wood and a tank of oil for the winter, and 40# of blsl chicken breast that i want to batter dip and crumb for the freezer.....as well as 100 pounds or so of potatoes
then i think we really are done with that
bernie needs to do the snowblower and i want a new shovel
we have even started to put in newspaper for kindling.

so what are you're winter preps?

and with the advent of fall/winter i get closer to doll making, drawing and knitting...i can't wait

1 comment:

  1. I am canning up a storm, my son gives us the fruit from his trees, he only keeps a little to eat fresh. We came home last week with 4 1/2 bushels of wormy pears and 2 bushels of peaches. I got a deal on carrots--my daughter works at Target and told me their carrots were 25 cents a pound, so I asked her to bring me 20 lbs. By the time she got to work, they were marked down to 10 cents a pound! Evidently people only buy baby carrots anymore. I am starting to look for a good price for potatoes and onions, which I will store in the garage for the winter, along with some of the carrots. This is also the season for case lot sales at the local grocery stores, so I stock up on all sorts of things. I wish I had a wood stove, but I do have a gas one. I would like to have the furnace checked, we have lived here 7 years now and never had it done, but we won't do that until DH finds a job. Fortunately our house is well insulated. I should buy some more furnace filters, though, and some rock salt for the driveway when it snows. Still lots to do.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi