Tuesday, April 06, 2010

chickens and more chickens

yesterday we went to hinkle's poultry farm
jen got 7 hens and a roo
nice ones......related to my sussexXbuff orpingtons
woo hoo.......i so love me some chicken expeditions.....
it was wonderful to see charlie and jody again. they never age..........the rest of us do but they don't
and i like to see their place........all happy birdies all the time

so i never did get to town for bernie's birthday card
now today i need to get there........meanwhile i woke little linda up at 6:30 am this morning....... which means i got up at 3 am
so i wouldn't forget
i am actually pretty tired
i would have gone back up to bed but it's already light out
now in easter budgie news.....the little ones are coming around slowly
also last night i let the cats into the bedroom as soon as i knew the birds were asleep.......we had one minor problem but other then that fine
however during the day.......NO CATS in the bedroom and the door is shut to keep the birdies safe

i need to get bernie cards, seeds for the budgies, socks for bernie,
a water tube and cuttle bone for the budgies.....maybe i should go before i put the girls out?
maybe i should have coffee before i fall asleep again?
bernie got home at 9pm again last night
he better be putting this down on his time sheet, his boss left him that option.

i am working on that drawing in drips and drabs ............ 10 minutes here 15 there.... so it's growing but slowly
and i am taking a picture here and there so i can compare progress.
i really need to think about a better camera......and a better house
oye
ok i am still tired and i think i am going to lay down for 1/2 hour
ttyl

3 comments:

  1. We love our backyard chickens.

    My mother's mother was a Hinkle, which is German for chicken or so I've been told. I wonder if I am distantly related to the place where you bought your chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:36 AM

    Sounds like fun. I love that you give Bernie a card and socks for a his birthday. Low-key is so much better than over-the-top. And nice socks are an awesome present, handknit or storebought. I don't care what anyone says. Good socks changed my life and made me a happier, more pleasant person in wintertime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be birthday week. DH's is Friday and yes, I have cards for him. No socks -- he gets his own and has said he doesn't want me to knit any for him. Good thing. The only socks I've made were for babies. (So far.)

    Now I have to figure out if I've knit the Wallaby body too long compared to the sleeves. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi