Thursday, April 29, 2010

5am and i am stoking the stove

isn't this like..........almost may?
ok i had some interesting dreams.....old boyfriends! some of which are dead (where not dead in the dreams but didn't hang around long enough for me to realize)
the first one was jon and bob hiking TOGETHER over the mountain to jon's mountain cabin....i checked his cell phone battery levels and they were almost dead.......so i told him to get a 'solar wrist recharger' before they left so if 'anything happened' they could call.......even though bob would have his with him

then i dreamt of another bob.....bobby, who died very very young from aides
i dreamt we were in what at first glance was an art supply store but really had a ton of musical instruments laying around.......i asked him about french horns but he picked up a sax and asked me to pay for it as he had to leave..... actually he asked me to just stand on line as he had an account with this place (he was in real life a highly gifted musician, on the keyboard...organ and piano) he had to leave for a gig with a symphony.... but as the checkout didn't know ME, they got his grandfather out (after i waited forever) and suddenly it turned into a drug store with the grandfather raving about how he needed to reform from being homosexual......(bobby was gay, and just starting to come out when he died-he was very very young, i don't even think he was 25 yet) before it killed him (back then no one knew how to prevent aides and it was a 'gay' disease)

it was the weirdest two interconnecting dreams. .......fast forward to this morning where i am contemplating the taboret of sorts i made yesterday
i took a shelf that was useless as a bookcase, and reinforced the legs that bernie said couldn't be done....
then i got casters out....but i don't have screws to put the casters on....so a trip to the store i suppose today is in order

my daniel smith (edited cause i got the name wrong, oye) art supplies came, they took a bit longer to ship then blick but they are wrapped so much better..... in fact i am keeping one box and going to cover it with paper as it is so nice.
that was the order of palettes and empty watercolor pans
in looking at the water color pans, i am wondering if it would be cost efficient to make them in porcelain here in the studio?
i COULD make masters in wood and just pour in white porcelain and clear glaze them....hmmmmm
that would be a lot of work however.

in other art supply news, the more i think about it the more i am thinking pigments are going to be coming home to a study near me....
dry pigments
lots of them
i realized that i have made my own paints (duh, i always made my own china paints) and if i have pigments i can make egg tempera, watercolors, oils, pastels.....and if i bought acrylic medium....i could make that too..... as well as casein and milk paints, white wash etc......
before i do that i want to have a cabinet for them and the jars for them
but the egg tempera thing hasn't gone away.....it would take about 3 weeks for me to do an egg tempera....well isn't that about how long it takes me to do a blk/wht?
(which i got another one on the board now...phoebe with her wings up-we'll see how this goes)

this weekend is maryland sheep and wool but we aren't going.....we ARE going to put two more beds in my garden, both of which will be 8'X4' (then two weeks after that will be another two foot bed and a cold frame, and possibly the framework for a greenhouse out of a shed hardware kit, and greenhouse plastic)

meanwhile bernie is exhausted, (also why we aren't going to sheep and wool) he isn't sleeping and he's working so hard. which is part of the reason i decided that i would do that little bit of rough carpentry on my own. he (and i ) forget i can and have used power tools, i'm the one who taught him to
i wish we had a table saw though, as it would make some things a lot easier.....and a power miter saw would be nice too
then i would build my own damn computer desk and my own really nice taboret with paper drawers and paint drawers

i am still struggling with the after effects of that fall(so i get out power tools.....smart vi, real smart)..... my knees are now hurting too...my right knee feels loose.......and there is pain in the left one
so today when i get changed i am going to put my tie shoes on.......really i should also go to town today and get some odds and ends...mouse traps too....and use that gift card before it gets a service charge
oye
and one day soon i need to get to the provisioner and get chickens breasts for canning and freezing......(summer salads here we come)

***ahhhhhhhh the first sip of a fresh pot of coffee......oh man that feels good****
really i should do some mop up shopping today or tomorrow
we haven't run errands in a while so i haven't been out of the house really for a bit.... and also small stuff hasn't gotten boughten like mouse traps...... and a diverter thingie for my hose- stuff like that you know......and a short round of the dollar type stores for small cheapo stuff you didn't know you wanted or even needed (and most you don't need but occationally you find something you can't do without- i got my canning tools that way)
i would really like to find a nice set of happy colored summery dishes etc to take out on the deck. in hot oranges, magenta, yellows, turqouise and maybe lime green.......so far nothing strikes me as perfect
it would really make bernie happy to have deck stuff like that.
(said while stoking a woodstove ....and it's MAY just about)
ok now the sun is coming up sorta kinda....i hope to have pictures of my frankenstein taboret and maybe my daniel green order either later or tomorrow
mean while i am going to finish this first cup of coffee........ debate on stuffing the boneless chicken legs with ham and cheese and rolling them in bread crumbs for supper (and making a light mushroom sauce for them with the mushroom concentrate i made and canned) what do you all think of that?
morning everyone
have another cup with me ok?

2 comments:

  1. Check out my DH blog on milk paint. He was working on the formula early on and got a spectacular chemical burn from apple juice! Always wear gloves, googles and a chem apron when working with undiluted frozen concentrated apple juice. Who knew? He was dipping fence boards in a trough and then bracing them against his stomach when moving them. I was not alarmed until we were at the doctor's office and he had everyone in his office come in and look at this really huge chemical burn, about 9% of his body. Everyone was patting me and saying he would be okay. Since it had never crossed my mind that he wouldn't be, it was a little upsetting. The scarring has faded and some of his belly hair has grown back.

    His latest post is about his tool racks for putting in 6 gallon plastic buckets, check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A chemical burn from apple juice. Who knew? I'm glad he's ok.

    Strange dreams, Vi. I'm short on sleep now, too -- last night wasn't terrific. Not used to that any more but I cut the chemical sleep assist in half last night and it didn't work. Oh well. Full dose tonight.

    Not happy with the 16" US8 Harmony. My left hand hasn't adjusted to the smaller needle. I wonder if I can keep it going for the entire cowl/neck warmer before I retreat??? But I do like KnitPicks Swish Worsted and I think they will. Made some progress last night also on the hood of Max's blue Wallaby. Tonight might see that one finished.

    Last night, while I was knitting on the Wallaby hood, I also tried to watch _Matilda_ but the copy from tape to DVD gave out about half an hour in and I don't know where he put the videotapes. I'll watch the rest tonight if he finds it. It's based on a Roald Dahl book, which probably is really good. (Given an option, I'd probably read kids' books....)

    I am still working on re-filling the groundhog hole. Though it wasn't re-opened last night, there is still a lot of extra dirt to get off the lawn and I'm assuming the refill hasn't gone all the way down into the tunnel. We'll see. One shovel-full (small shovel) at a time. We might pick up some commercial repellent at the garden store this weekend.

    Nothing major going on this weekend. Collapse and recover, I think, from this past week. Better get back to it all now.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi