Friday, January 01, 2010

wow 2010....... i never imagined!

i remember in the 70's when i was a teenager, i was asked what year i would turn 65.....
(2022) it was soooooo very far away
i doubted i would make it that far as i had always been sort of a sick kid
i would get these major life threatening things happen to me... so i figured one of them would do me in long before now.....or retirement

here it is 2010 and i am still around!
surprised the hell out of me!

anyway, happy new year to all of you and yours, please accept my wishes for a happy, healthy, and secure new year
i wish you all worry free time, hearty heartfelt laughter, and not too much sorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:24 PM

    Happy 2010 to you and Bernie. I have to tell you, my little green tunis head band is getting a lot of use and it is keeping my ears and head nice and toasty. I am really loving it.

    Take care, keep well, be happy!
    Sandie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lissa in western pa10:19 PM

    happy new year, vi :-)

    i remember being in about the second grade when a few of us figured out that we'd probably still be alive in the year 2000. but we'd be REALLY old. lol. i turned 40 in december of 1999...... so here it is 2010 and i just turned 50. it all feels so very strange.

    got a poultry fix over the holidays. we drove to michigan and spent a few days with my family. chickens, ducks, pheasants... i was in heaven. my sister sent eggs back with us. it was my stepdaughter's first experience with fresh eggs. she is a convert. :-)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi