Sunday, December 20, 2009

yes dorothy it HAS been a while

LOOK a FINISHED object, my scarf in trekking xxl 100
i went to bethlehem with jen on friday, to the moravian book store
i had a blast
jen is a pisser to be around, and i am grateful she tolerates my slightly ahem......'eccentric' behavior

saturday was spend getting bernie ready for an overnight stay at work to keep the fleet rolling
and then i worried (yup i always worry, daily....believe me it isn't cutting my life short, just my enjoyment of life)

and i knitted

friday morning, bernie dropped the ENTIRE batch of cream cheese orange spritz cookies on the floor, i had to toss them......ALL THAT WORK, all that expense
he was to help me make them again but wasn't able to due to the storm

they got hammered down there, we got about 3 inches up here

i am hoping he gets home before noon today
meanwhile i am back to stoking the stove a few times a night
so i don't get much sleep

part of what we did yesterday was to get me a new shovel.
we didn't have one
where i live, this neighborhood had never been one to help others much... i always have cause i grew up that way.
but once the really old people here died......the others aren't much on helping, so with bernie gone during storms, i am truly on my own

even last winter when i fell in front of one of the 'good' neighbors, she just yelled at me from her porch and never bothered to either help or ask some of the 20 year olds in her house to help
(we so have to move or they so have to move)

anyway, back to the 'on my own' part
i am going to have to shovel a path to the duck pen, and maybe also try and shovel the front driveway to get bernie in
he still hasn't shown me how to do the snow blower

this morning, i am grumpy, exhausted, worried, and am having a bit of an issue with the woodstove being cranky
it's buring now but not really putting out much heat yet
i can't get the stack to heat enough to do that

anyway

i did manage to get a finished object (a scarf i had knit, i got the ends beaded and all the little yarn ties glued and trimmed off), see it's picture up there?
i am finishing up a few unfinished projects,
a pink silk triangular shawl
a plum and cream striped hat with fushia trim
a pair of 'footie' socks
a few pairs of felted clogs
i most likely won't get them done by the end of the year but that is my next few knitting projects * i normally don't have a lot of UFO's, these are due to a few mechanical things, i lost one of the sock needles, i didn't have a trim for the shawl but i do now...., and in cleaning bernie helpfully stuffed that hat in a box for me
now it's out and i want it finished as i knit it cause i liked it!
and this cowl thing which i like but is driving me nuts cause i don't have my 24'' size 9 circ, and so i am doing the bottom on dp's and they are making me crazy with the SIZE of the bottom.
i have yarn for three shawl/triangle scarves, and a few pairs of felted boots, so those are all waiting
now i am off to drink the coffee

1 comment:

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi