Wednesday, September 02, 2009

was gone yesterday

and will be part of today
but after that i can't go anywhere until the studio is done
it's currently 46 blessed and wonderful degrees out

i can actually work outside without too much sweating
so i want to muck day pens
and finish the molds in the studio

i am taking my cousin's wife to town for her doctor as their car is broken and waiting for their son to come fix it
her and i went out yesterday to walmart, (her favorite store, and she knows everyone there)

i started a hat from the malabrigio that susan sent me
(last night)
i think i may have to rip it back and cast on a few more
(not that i counted how many i cast on or anything............. oye)

i am doing k2p2 and random color changes
without any reguards to rows or anything
when the little balls run out i switch to the opposite color and keep going
the colors are amazing
the yarn is very soft, it's a single and feels slightly felted in a good soft way
i don't know how it would wear as a glove or mitten or such
but i think it will be ok as a hat

i have to block the sisik scarf as soon as i am home to do it

and after this hat i think i better do a scarf for my sister in law colleen
and then start that lace for me in the pink from spirit trail

i did get four of the 5 scented geraniums potted up
i need to get a pot for the begonias
the colus
the other scented geranium and the two flowering maples
as well as the old rosemary that absolutely MUST be moved on

and the berries STILL haven't been planted out in the back
oye

ok i have to drink the coffee now
and get dressed and see if i can't get something done in the studio

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:18 PM

    Not sure I know what a scented geranium is. I know they claim mosquitoes do not like geraniums because of their scent, but I never smell much of anything, that is pleasant, that is.

    I brought my ivy geraniums inside, and one is right behind me, in full bloom, and there is no smell that I can discern. Maybe my sniffer is faulty?? :)

    Have a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's odd, but then....

    Anyhow, I like the tangy scent of geraniums. But I don't usually bring them inside -- they don't make it in here very well so I just get new ones next time. My sister got me nice red ones for the Earth Box this past spring. And a red Gerber daisy. And some other red and white stuff. Plus a pair of maroon/gold marigolds. And other stuff. Doing nicely.

    And my red hibiscus yesterday had a blossom at pro basketball player height. Nice flowers this year.

    Anyhow, yes, a hat's probably better than mittens for Malabrigo but I made my niece a scarf, tam, and fingerless gloves with a mitten top. I don't know how it's surviving. But I think Malabrigo felts and pills so gentle and non-rubbing use probably is best. I have a bit more but haven't decided what to make for myself in green (their Verdes). Given the felting and pilling, not a sweater. Not sure I'd want one anyhow. Probably too hot for my generally indoor life and the heat waves. Maybe ..... I have to think about it a year or two more.

    In the meantime, I have a lot of other stuff to knit.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi