Thursday, September 17, 2009

it's 2am...........

again i am not sleeping


winter is closing in on us fast, and i am no where near done
our wood was delivered monday and i didn't tarp it
bernie's been getting home really late again from work and keeps forgetting to get the tarps out

this year i swear we are on another planet
i think we are going to get an early and very snowy winter
all the leaves are down off the sumacs already, and the big maples are almost bare as well

i am so worried about those pens getting done
and the studio being finished
not to mention all the rest that has to be done
and getting it all done in time
normally by now the wood is in and stacked, the woodstove cleaned
chimney cleaned
kindling barrels full
and the studio is cleared and ready

i am going to have to spend every waking minute getting the rest of the preps done
(yeah like 2am and here i am worried)
i know i am forgetting something big too

bernie hasn't winterized the vehicles yet either, or the snowthrower
and i can't find my snow shovel
(HUH? how the hell do you miss a show shovel?)

and as rhinebeck weekend is our cutoff
and THAT is about a month away.......... oh man

anyway, i got about two feet of the porcelain workbench done yesterday
today i need to do a bit more but i am going to try and find the tarps if i can reach them
and do my wood

oh man i still need to inventory the canning shelves
i realize part of us being behind has been the extreme rainy summer
and even when i was able to order wood, the rain kept the deliveries from happening
anyway
i am sitting here with this swirl of 'things that need to be done right now'.... running around in my head
and it's pushed out any thought at the moment of sleep

3 comments:

  1. I sure do know what you mean about the 2 a.m. fretting and not sleeping!a

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might try making a written list. I have found that helps me. Then the "whirl" stops and I can focus. And if new things pop up, I just add them to the list. After a while, the list isn't needed anymore because most of the stuff is done, and the remaining stuff is easy to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:34 PM

    I work like Kyrsyan does, with a list. I would never get anything done if I didn't. And then as I check the jobs off, I know I have accomplished something and have less to worry about or to keep me awake at night.

    You can only put one foot in front of the other, and keep at it. One thing at a time. But if you are consistent, eventually you will see a little dent become a big one, and then you are done.

    Hang in there kiddo, you'll be OK.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi