Tuesday, July 14, 2009

shhhhhh, don't tell mother nature

i got another arco box spray painted and the first of two (formerly black) cubes
i have i think three more arco boxes and another black cube to paint cream
then it's on to the drawers and then the BIG STUFF
desk
shelf
tv cart
file cabinets
maybe the drafting table ( maybe i should paint that purple?)
and the mahogany tables (sorry mom, but i HATE dark wood)
i keep listing them cause i have to keep reminding me

i will tell you that the one or two coat spray paints don't work all that well
maybe it's me
i used the krylon fusion and the rustoleum for plastic
they say one or two coats
hahahahaha
try i gotta do about 5
or maybe that was one or two over white plastic, and over black it's more?

i can't wait to start the green drawers, as over the years they have turned a hideous shade of yellowed out browned over green and a sort of greened over blue
they will all be cream when i get done with them
which is going to be a HUGE relief
the more light colors i get in here i think the better off i will be
(and i am eyeing the computer tower.......which is currently black, AND the stove pipe)

i am also thinking of eventually getting a tiny bistro table in metal for in the studio
although i will most likely rig a table with a skirt out of something around here without spending the money
i want something very light weight to move around

in doing this (oh so very slowly..........)
i realized i sure could use an addition just for books
endless walls of bookcases.......

anyway, i have come to the conclusion that the shakers were so right, built in's or wheels are the way to go
and pegs on the walls to hang chairs etc out of the way
i am coming more and more to appreciate shaker interiors
and workshops
but that whole celibacy thing.......nope that's got to go

so peaches and blueberries call my name
what is on everyone's agenda for today??????

til next time

vi

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:44 AM

    Well see, little by little, you are getting it done. And one day it will be finished, and you can stand back and say proudly "I did that."

    I think I'm heading out to find a #7 crochet hook. I can't believe I don't have one, but the only ones I can find are all plastic, and I don't like them. I want a good metal one. So that is probably what I will be doing today. The store is 40 miles away, so it's a bit of a run for a crochet hook, but getting out will do me good too.

    Have a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sjanova11:55 AM

    Sandie, if you need that #7 instantly, yes, you have to go today, but there's always an on-line order -- and, of course, other things to include in the order to make it reasonable to pay shipping (or get it free). I do so little crocheting (also because I don't know how, really), that the plastic and metal hooks keep hiding so then I buy another and that hides.... I have no idea where they go. But a great excuse for a trip or on-line order.

    Vi, I LOVE dark wood. Cherry and mahogany and pecan.... lovely. Sigh. But anyhow, one of the priority mail boxes came in and your idea of making holders from them is perfect since I have a few old McCalls Needlework and Craft issues that are oversize and don't fit into the regular magazine holders (we have a bunch of those from I don't know why/what). I'll have to tape up the end that was opened and cut the long side. They also don't fit upright on the shelf but if I cut the box right, I can put them in horizontally and the box will sit horizontally on the shelf. Thanks for the good idea to protect the vintage magazines.

    I only have 3 issues but one has the pattern for those little "critters" -- the 5 I've made both in "correct" colors (3 full sets -- DGS#1, DGS#2, and now my niece's baby) and any color to go with a blanket -- lion, tiger, leopard, bear, panda -- the originals are tiny, perfect for infants to learn to grab, and I've made bigger ones using that pattern also. Double the st counts and add length. Lots of seaming (body including legs and arms, tummy, head, tail, ears) but the small ones take just a long evening to make if I really focus, and they're cute.

    So thanks for the box idea. (Break time's over.)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi