Friday, July 24, 2009

i have been thinking........

about change

and how comfortable or uncomfortable i am with it

some change i like, such as when the studio is finished
i will love that
or when we (if ever at this point) settle on a farm
although the changes from moving won't be pleasant
such as packing, house hunting etc

losing friends is a huge change
i am not comfortable with the changes from that

thinking back on 'how it was' to 'what it is'
most of the time if that sort of change didn't thankfully happen over time,
i think a lot of us would go out of our minds

when i honestly think back without the rosey glow of nostalgia,
i realize that there were a LOT of things during my lifetime that needed to change

womens rights ( hard one battle still going on)
integration

those two are the biggies i remember

this morning, i was wondering and thinking about intentional change as opposed to imposed on change

such as say, weight lose from a diet plan as compared to something such as a natural disaster

i wonder if it truely is all in how you chose to think about it

if so
then is that the real lessons we are here to learn.......
chosing to think about things?
living with a deliberate intent?

or is that another choice?

vi

ps: the rains are getting to the slugs even
guess there is no danger here of forest fire
or even bbq fire
everything is again
too damp

1 comment:

  1. It had gotten way too dry here, for a change, so the rain last night was quite welcome. I've gone back to work (from home, but still it's a lot of hours focused on work) so have lots less time these days for what's also important.

    I keep reminding myself that it's not change that's the issue but our reactions to it. We sometimes can control the changes but for those we can't control, what we do control is our reaction to the changes. Trite, I guess, but it helps me think less negatively about changes I don't like.

    Anyhow: OTN: Still pending is the border for Jeanie the stole. Making some progress on the black Corrugator scarf for the Red Scarf Project -- it's car knitting or for when I'm tired. Definite progress on the DGS#1 Wonderful Wallaby -- both sleeves are ready to be attached to the body, the pouch (front pocket) is ready to be fused when the body is the right length, and the body probably will get to that length after work hours this evening. Lamb's Price is ok to knit -- a bit splitty. It's a thinnish worsted and I could've gone down one more needle size, I think (calls for worsted on US6 & 8 and I'm using US7 & 5.

    Organization: At Office Depot, DH found "pencil cases" that are 3 hole punched. There were 3 types and he brought home the ones that are least likely to get holes from needles. Not inexpensive -- $2.49 each -- but I wanted something good for my KnitPicks Harmony sets. Two zipper pockets -- real zippers. Canvas type of fabric for bigger back pocket and clear plastic for front. Needles probably just in back pocket and probably a printed size in the front pocket. I figure each size in a separate pouch and DPNs will fit diagonally. I don't have single pointed needles -- just use DPNs and circs. Then maybe I'll know what I have and stop ordering duplicates when I can't find things.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi