Thursday, April 09, 2009

While I wait for my back to calm down

I am dying fiber (btw, I am typing this in openoffice.org so it is capitalizing for me)
I have put in a mix of glitz and corriedale into a copper color
that is out now and drying by the woodstove (it is actually wen april 8 while I type this-bernie's birthday and it's snowing)
I got corriedale in the dye pot now in fushia
next is a purple and a red.......then some random greens
what for do you ask?
HUMOR ME and ask please.......ok?
I am going to spin fall leaves
ok to be accurate the COLORS of fall leaves that I like
none of this million shades of green crap
and I am going to spin about a dk or sport and ply it to worsted
for a fall leave colored scarf
I am going to add glitz to it cause I like it
and I am thinking of maybe plying in some beads........even though I SWORE on a stack of lambs wool I would NEVAH BEAD SPINNING AGAIN
some insanity has taken me over and I am thinking of using silver lined crystal beads in this
or maybe copper lined crystal........if I get enough of them before I ply
I have honestly tried hard to see if I can find a yarn that would work for a pattern of a twisted vine scarf I bought the other day
or at least for a shawl or something
but I haven't either seen anything I like OR
I can't afford what I like sooooooooooo
I am dying fiber
( yes I am still drawing but slow cause of my back)

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I see no one asked so I will, what are they for?
    I get up and look for a new post EVERY morning! I love to read about you, Bernie, Falstaff, and the others. Was sorry to read you had to let your other beloveds go, but they are with good people right?
    Take care Vi and know that even though I do not post, I read you every morning!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi