Thursday, October 23, 2008

Some things are just priceless

Today, as every day…..i went to take the duckies and falstaff out to the duck pen
The girls were jumping up and down in their inside crate to be let out
Falstaff of course was in his crate in the wheelbarrow ready to go down the hill.
Normally I put falstaff in the back part of the duck pen, then carry one baby at a time out to the front part of the duck pen…….talking and kissing them good morning

Today I knew I had to carry 5 gallon buckets of water out to the pen for them to bath, since Bernie turned the outside water off ( due to frosts) and I can’t reach to turn it on.

So I told the girls……………..
Ok TODAY, you all can walk on your own 6 feets

Opened their door and turned to wheel falstaff down the hill……..
I hear flapping wings behind me
All 3 girls are flying to catch up with me……. They landed right behind me
And waited while I put falstaff in his pen
Then single file……one after another walked into their pen

I was laughing so hard at them

But I still had their water to do
So I started back up the hill…..only to hear flying behind me…..
Yup
3 little duckies following me…….

I put them back in their pen and closed the door so I could get their pond filled

After we all bathed………( except Phoebe didn’t wash her wings and remember they splash so much i get all wet too)
I let falstaff out to bath, and took the girls for a walk around the yard…..
We sampled frozen green beans
And fresh berries…..
And some quackgrass seeds
And some dirt
And gravel
ALL of utmost interest to duckies……

When they seemed to have had enough……..we all wandered back to the pen…..
Falstaff took himself to the back pen
And phoebe walked in…… cleo and lilliana hung around the door, waiting to be picked up and carried but ALL went back into the pen

I swear I love them duckies

In other news
I got my first tick of the winter heating season last night………on my NECK
Little bugger didn’t want to come out
I swear he drilled in me 45 miles or so
It was one of them deer ticks…..i hate ticks of all kinds but those are even worse.

So it took a while but with lanacane and needle nose pliers…..
I got a hole in my neck BIGGER then the whole damn tick was
But
He’s out

Thank goodness

However it hurts like hell……..still……..
Today
Oye

Til next time


Ps since I am typing this in word it automatically puts in capitals……no I didn’t suddenly grow longer less painful fingers………

Just so you all know…….

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:02 PM

    I'm so glad the duckies enjoyed their fly by for the day, their bath and their time with Mom.

    I don't think Word automatically puts in capitol letters where needed since none of their names are capitalized. LOL

    :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi