Monday, October 06, 2008

little duckies ....you're the ones.......***

*** to paraphrase the muppets.........

ok so.......we got three little tame duckies now
good little duckies
makes going into the duck pen....... fun but a bit hazardous to the duckie's toes
as they are UNDER me all the time now
nibbling my muck boots
or my crocks
they even try to stick their heads down INTO my muck boots and sit on my toes
and they LIKE it
oye

they are a lot of fun now
it's a good distraction for me as the garden is now winding down
but that didn't stop a ner'do well bug from biting me on the eye
i am a mess
i am also on benedryl cause if i don't take it
i can't SEE out of my swollen eye
damn bug

it's getting colder out
we potted up a few pepper plants.....and an eggplant
i want to bring them up
meanwhile we also planted some garlic and onions
(that would be how i got bitten on the eye)
i have more to go
i am slowly giving the beans all to the duckies now
beans, stalks and leaves
i also gave them some of the pattypan squash
it makes it a bit easier to see the end of the garden

i sooooooooooo want a hoop house
and my sheep and goat home

i ordered more chicks
margeruite is staying ( she is going to lay again....she crouched for the 'rooster' today)
but i think regretfully that henrietta and dulcette's days are numbered
i need stewers
and eggs
they aren't laying

i think the duckies are going to start to lay shortly
i was hoping they wouldn't until spring but it looks like the sweetest one was looking......she sat in her mother's nest

wood is getting stacked.......slowly
i also hurt my finger......split my nail down from the tip
it's hurting bad
so i sort of stopped for a bit
i was also helping bernie do wood saturday
but i better think of starting up again shortly
tomorrow i need to can some celery/onions
and freeze broccoli
and some beef
i was so sick today
i didn't do anything but juice some crabapples i picked off a tree down town
jelly really quick tomorrow

i would really like to have part of my garden hooped
i could then extend the season at both ends maybe
i would also like a greenhouse
i could put these peppers and the eggplant in there
and the pattypan squash
or a zuke
and maybe a tomatoe

i am going to start lettuce and such in the house in window boxes in the windows......out in the 'cold' living room

it's too hot in here with the woodstove

anyway
my little duckies are endearing themselves to me
they are so cute
they greet me as if i am a duckie too
and they wag their tails

good thing we don't eat the girls huh?

vi
til next time

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi