Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Rhinebeck is Saturday!!! tis that time of year!

I am planning a picnic lunch
I am thinking……. Ravioli salad
Chicken salad on homemade rolls
I am thinking of maybe a fruit salad for desert
Oatmeal cookies
And brownies
Maybe pumpkin muffins or pumpkin roll?
How about some gator aide
And water
And what else?
Something else to drink and nibblies……….
What for nibblies…..???
Bernie won’t eat trail mix
But what else is there
No candy
Ewww

Ok my Rhinebeck shopping list is books this time
Mostly books that have felted jackets/ coats in them
I probably will get them from knitpicks as that is cheaper
But I would like to look at the books
I have visions of a nice felted wool coat, with needle felting on it
Maybe flowers and vines? A couple beads here and there?
A STATEMENT coat for my little round body
Or maybe a colorknit hat or mitten kit……..

I need to get some cash as well I think……..about 30 bucks? Maybe 40
OHOOHOH I finally found my ball winder
Actually BERNIE found it for me
Isn’t that wonderful!
Mine is a royal………. It’s red and white!
I think the new ones are turquoise now

Of course there will be a stop at Spirit trail………
I am thinking that is the highlight of Rhinebeck.
I hope I can afford a skein of silk……..
you know it will be some nice reds/russets etc…..

I wished I could have a golding spindle or one of them new square spindles
But probably not…… it’s ok though I don’t NEED it…………
I have almost everything I need…….fleece, a wheel, dyes, yarns……..needles and tools
So it is really just the visiting and seeing what’s new and all…….
And TRADITION………. Let’s not forget that
The TRADITION of it all
Oh and maybe……….. a doughnut……..

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh- can I come too?

    Have a great time :-)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi