Thursday, April 17, 2008

What a nightmare
It all started a few months ago, my internet service provider overcharged me by a month and a half
Without thinking I paid it.
Then they told me……
‘you don’t have to pay us, we’re paid up’
ok
I didn’t pay them for the months of the overage
Then without warning they shut me off!
At the pole, not even at the office!

Huh?
Wait I paid you, I paid you too much……….
I went to a friend’s house got online, and paid them
Apparently I STILL paid them too much as now they owe me money!

I tried to call them, the customer service people I got on the phone were……to be polite, complete and total idiots

And didn’t CARE that I had over paid, that they had told me not to pay them

And my emails…….my accounts were all wiped out!

Without a word to me…no warning

She said to me ‘we called you’

I said…….i NEVER got a call

Well we called you

Ok……………………………………( you do NOT want to know what I was thinking at that point……let’s just say, it wasn’t anywhere near polite nor politically correct)

And since I pay my bills on line and you wiped out my account……how could I even try to see what was going on?

Now Bernie said to me…….just pay them or whatever and get the internet back……..

Ahhhhhhhhhh……………
No

I wouldn’t have minded the snaffoo if the customer service wasn’t so freeken flippant about it all
But I have had it with this isp
The email box has been messed up for two years now……it’s on their end……
Finally one tech said……’try changing your password, as it’s on our end’

Next began my adventures in outsourced customer service to foreign countries.
After speaking to goodness only knows how many Indian from India accented people……who did not apparently know how to deal with a computer with Win98SE, nor could they understand WALL phone filters,
NO NIC card…..i have firewire……
Rest assured they were mostly very polite
and tried really really HARD to give me 'american' names
the funniest one was 'ummmmmmUNDY'

i asked him to spell that...... ANDY
hahahahahaha

his accent was so damn thick i KNEW that if ANDY was his real name.....he was a total gonner

and btw, he didn't know what the hell he was talking about as i had been given a test access number/username and password to see if i could use thier system.... ( aol.... shame on aol)
and it didn't work.
UMUNDY told me that they didn't do that kind of thing.....

the guy right before him did

oye

Well except the sleezy from peoplepc, who kept telling me without the code he couldn’t give me the discount.
And kept having to ask his manager…….

I was put on hold for I swear three weeks……

Ok I found an American based company……local even
They aren’t as cheap as the foreign based companies
However, they spoke ENGLISH, and they HELPED ME
And we are now connected, even though it’s dial up….it’s faster dial up
They helped me over a glitch in my system too
Lovely woman that had me laughing, ( ok so I tried to give her a duckling too)
And in approximately 10 minutes, I had internet service….. with a SMILE and a person who actually understood English AND was helpful AND polite AND did what she said she was going to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


What a concept


vi

we soooooooooo have to stop the foreign outsourcing

so i am paying a bit more for my internet......i think it's worth actually having service that i can understand and that is helpful

2 comments:

  1. I'm so so way so glad you're back!

    the one that got me laughing so hard was the lady who helped me with my people account.

    or was it my Paypal account. Yeah. that one.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi