Thursday, April 03, 2008

cream, white, pale peach and violets

i have spring fever


BAD


really BAD


i am about to go to town and get a gallon of cream paint, some white paint and a quart of pale peach and start painting anything dark in the house

such as the mahogany teir table, old frames

old wooden dressers

chairs

piecrust tables

bernie

my workbench in the studio.....



and then grab a brush and paint violets........... all over EVERYTHING


you can never have too many violets you know


( and violet china makes me weak in the knees.... royal albert, lefton, hammersly, oh my)


i want to replace my over sink light with something cream, and covered with violets as well.....


can you tell they are my favorite flower?


i don't know WHY people think roses are the epitomy of flowers....

it's really the violet....

so fleeting

so quaint

and so modern all at once

they are refreshing in a way roses can never be


but then


i am bias




1 comment:

  1. You're right. You can't ever have too many violets. You ought to see my yard - in fact - when the whole violet symphony is in bloom - I'll take a photo.

    I once had the scented violets in my garden but the common fragranceless ones took over. It was fun for a while, though.

    happy painting.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi