Tuesday, April 15, 2008

happy tax day

April 14, 2008

A few random thoughts

My lettuce is up…..i can’t wait for the first of our salads
( I think I posted how I make them prior to this)
I want to expand the garden which I have often spoke of on this blog
Over and over I think

I also want to move
So the sheepies and goatie can come home…….

Now I put in a bunch of different lettuces and other green salad type plants, I go out daily and speak to the seedlings in the buckets on the deck.
I remember my momma going in the yard in the spring and harvesting dandelion greens, and I am doing that too……but I am giving them to Serafina……after all she is expecting………sorta

Bernie is late tonight,
I am having a sort of menstrual period, not a totally normal one….but all the symptoms and none of the red blood
It confused the hell out of me for a while….. I was all weepy again…..which isn’t really like me, unless my heart is broken ( I still cry over trish, damn I miss her)
I am a bit depressed as well. It’s probably just a reaction to the past few months, and the loss of my friend.
And I am very very tired.

You would think that this would be covered in the owners manual….or at least in a service pack or something…..ANYTHING…. damn thing sneaks up on you and whomps you over the head like bricks

We paid our taxes today, all year I worry and sweat over paying them. For 2008 I will only have to worry about local…….not state and local anymore…..
That will help me a lot

I have to decide on firewood, I think we ended up using 5 cords give or take….
I suppose that is what I will replace.

I want my grain mill already…… oye
I got my wheat and barley and hopefully soon my oats. I got rice put in, ( I have to put the second sack in the freezer this week, then dry can it)
I am hoping for a goodly amount of meats to can soon, and I hope as always for an abundant harvest
Plus that hoop house to grow and harvest veggies through the winter…that will help me a LOT
With that and the root cellar, and the canning shelves….. not to mention the stuff I dry, we should be in good shape…..
YES I am thinking of NEXT winter already……
I also need to find the time to make soap in the next few weeks
Right now however, the garden has me totally absorbed. We put manure and compost on two beds, and covered one with tarps and one with black plastic.
I have 5 more beds to do like that yet…..
Possibly 6
I am going to put some mini hoops with clear plastic over some beds to get a bit of a jump on the tomatoes and peppers, as well as some pumpkins and zucchini I think…. I wonder if the eggplant would be happy like that early?
I can do that over a couple of beds actually…..not the beans and cucumbers……or the broccoli’s, cauliflowers or cabbages of course…..

Thankfully……. While surfing the net over the years……I downloaded a LOT of information to cd’s
I have been taking this no internet time to quietly go mad……. To spend my time going through all this information. There is a considerable amount
But I am enjoying it to a point….. I will be really happy when I have full time internet back however

Thaddeaus has gained back all the weight he lost while sick…… he is now again a solid hefty little boy. You can feel almost three vertebrae in his back, and he’s got a nice covering over his ribs
My boy is solid again AND still has fur! Thousands of curlies…….
What a good boy he’s been too, ok…….so he really hasn’t been a good boy…..i mean he is THADDEAUS PEABODY….. but he tries
Sorta………..
Occasionally……………..
When he’s hungry…………..
And I got fancy feast………

Oh ok so he’s really a bad boy…….but we love him
He’s happy tonight as I got the woodstove on again, it’s to go down past 30 overnight

Well that is the most of the news……

Til next time

vi

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi