Wednesday, April 02, 2008

i heard there were chickens that didn't lay eggs

i was down talking to my ladies today,
they are still on vacation from laying, as is serafina

at one point, i heard henrietta announcing...... that normally means there is an egg for me to get
i went down
all four chickens lined up and looked at me
i felt like i should hang numbers around each of their necks
they looked like dangerous and wanted chickens

all frozen in the line up.......
just looking at me

hello chickens, i said to them
.............

they beep beep beeped at me, then boop boop booped at me
and started to come see if i brought them any pumpkin or cat food
or something they could eat.....

i petted each one of them
including surprisingly SHARON
who is very standoffish

their combs and wattles are nicely red....
they crouch like they are supposed to

but still no eggs

i think they may be on strike


next we will be known as

the home of the striking chicken

wonderful

just what we all needed

vi

postscript:
i was sort of futzing around in the living room today......
and i found a birthday card from last year.... from our trish
i didn't expect that and it caught at my heart
i am still reaching for the phone to call her
and today would be 4 weeks

i still can't quite get my mind around this
but as you all can see
i am getting on with it

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi