Thursday, April 17, 2008

the search for ancestors

Apparently every late winter to late spring I get the urge to find my past
Last year I found my paternal grandmother, her family, my paternal grandfather and part of his family and my dad’s siblings
I found a few of mom’s side

This year is apparently the year of the maternal grandfathers

I went looking for my mom’s mom, and her father…….. and I found HIM and HIS father
As well as a couple of his siblings
I don’t know my mother’s mom’s maiden name……BUT I have the information to get her death certificate as well as my mom’s birth certificate
I am still looking for her fathers mother……whom, apparently I am named after as was she…… but there is some confusion about HER mothers name….i could also be named after her but I am not sure

I keep talking to my ancestors while I do this
Asking them to cut me a break here………….. let me find SOMETHING of you all
I also ask them to send me 3 million dollars in a winning lotto ticket but that is besides the point…….

( well it IS the least they can all do no?)

meanwhile, I have cousins and such out there……..from both sides……
first cousins on my mom’s side
my cousin stevie romano and his sister anita romano…….. their other sister marie may still be alive as well….
I don’t know if my uncle jack had kids……. Or my uncle carlos but I think they both did……
They would be covino…. Carlos’ would be in California
Uncle jack’s would I imagine be in NY state

It’s sort of addicting
I almost have enough to start searching in italy if I wish to
But the garden is about to be opened for spring…….
Canning season started more or less….( ok so it never really ends does it…..canning season or gardening I mean)

I will be getting too busy to search through websites for ancestors…….
I am I realize one of the lucky ones……my people came through ellis island and rather recently at that…… I can find a lot of them
(except my mother’s paternal grandmother and my maternal grandmother….for some reason the gramma’s aren’t ready to be found yet)
anyway…… I am happy I am back on the net…… Bernie said a new computer is soooooooo in my future……. When I see it…..i will believe it
if I get a new one…….DSL is also in my future….
How about THAT?

Ok till next time

vi

1 comment:

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi