Thursday, December 23, 2004

Shrinking bathtubs

Tuesday afternoon, my neighbor's house burned down.
they lost almost everything
for a while we thought that Georgette was in that fire and I was a mess.
she is now like a kid of mine.
fortunately she and Mark were on their way to work together.
the house is toast
however they finally saved ALL the animals
and we are hosting Bob the cat.
he is a beautiful cat, who unfortunately hates my guts
he blames me for his current situation.
he is living in our bedroom, and sleeping at night in Amber's crate in the bedroom.
he misses his family and they miss him terribly.
When either of his humans come, he is overjoyed to see them..... poor little guy
My thaddeaus and calpurrnia are being wonderful about bob the cat being here.
they aren't really bothering him at the door much at all.
meanwhile their insurance says over a year til rebuilding
soooooooooooooooooooooooo
I am trying to put together a fund raiser for them.......
gees........ I don't know where to start!
ok
now to drown my sorrows and worries I made me some eggnog tapioca.
took forever for such a small amount......... but damn that was good.
just what I needed
fish eyes
Thaddeaus seems to be having a sinus thing going on, me too. it is all from the smoke from the fire.
did I mention I am terrified of fire???
no?
gees
well I am
maybe it is a preview of where I have been told repeatedly that I am going....................
hmmmmmmm
( I keep getting told to remember to pack the suntan lotion, and shades.....)
ok so I really wanted to take a nice soaky type bath.
you know.......to rest and relax.....
well who knew that cast iron bathtubs can shrink.......
I KNOW amazing huh?
but IT MUST be that the tub shrank....

and apparently it is almost Christmas eve.......
I always forget Christmas eve, I don't realize it is Christmas eve until about 7 pm ON christmas eve when dh reminds me.
hey, I think I am happier in my senility.

ok those socks I was working on???
( did ASK didn't you? no? well pretend.........humor me)
I got the heels 1/2 inch too close to the toe!
hahahaha
both of them you know...... I don't do things half way
so what am I going to do you ask? ( oh come on ask anyway)
well
hmmmm
I really don't know!
I am thinking of either knitting about 1/2 more on the heel?
kitchenering the afterthought opening and going UP the half inch?
ripping them out completely?
I would really like to get this whole length thing worked out
I always mess this part up
they are ALWAYS too short or too long..........except for the first pair I ever knitted....they of course are perfect
go figure
and do I LEARN anything?
of course not
what fun would THAT be?
( said very dryly with a twist of lemon)
vi

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi