Friday, December 31, 2004

Covering Esmeralda, a nekid tale.

ok Esmeralda, cutey isn't she???
I KNOW a momma is proud huh?
ok one day I got the urge to make a rag or cloth doll. I used to make them all the time before my heart was won by porcelain bisque...( loverly stuff that bisque.... but that is another story for another day)
In the morning before DH left for work, I said .........."I feel like making a RAG doll"
Dh to his credit ACTUALLY listened to me.....( I KNOW it still amazes me that folks actually LISTEN to my blather)
anyway, he went off to work, I shipped my miniatures off to the distributor, sat down and made a rag doll.
now before you all are seriously impressed.....( ok be seriously impressed but only for a second....... OK TIMES UP)
I have been making dolls for about 40 years........shhhhhhhhhh don't tell anyone, as I lie about my age.
so doing a rag doll is really not a biggie.......doing seperate fingers in porcelain in the scale I normally work in...... now THAT is hard.
any way, Bernie got home that night and low and behold ............ a RAG DOLL.......... not just any rag doll....... Esmeralda!
her hair was prepped to go on, and her little face was painted, she was stuffed and ready to have her innards closed up.
meanwhile I had sort of been watching the whole funeral of The Princess of Wales.....( that really was so sad, she did do so much for folks, and her boys......... well........)
anyway
Back to Esmeralda and dh
well he was in shock. now I don't know WHY he was in shock, as he is used to things happening while he is gone........ poor man never knows WHAT he is going to walk into here when he gets home.
why just last week he walked in and heard a deep WOOF coming from the basement....... as we don't have a DOG, he was a bit confused.
but I digress.
Well DH, ( Bernie) decided that I was amazing and marvoulous, and all sorts of other good words that I can't spell...... (really he is so easy to impress I think)
however...................
after I finished Esmeralda, I had to dress her..... well the clothes ARE the fun part no?
anyway, I hunted around in my stash.
now my stash doesn't actually fit in my house, and my house doesn't actually have closets.....more like piled boxes that sort of serve as containment vessels.
so I of course could NOT find the muslin I wanted for her dainties.......so I used some nylon..... ( ok hanging my head in shame here)
but did find some 100% cotton for her dress........ I happily sewed her some clothing.
I put her aside meaning to make her some stockings and shoes to match her little dress.
I got busy with work, which at the time was a wholesale miniature accessories business.
Febuary came, Dh decided to 'organize' the studio...........
Emeralda came through the reorganization without clothes......
she sat around to December.
nekid to the world.....
I decided in DECEMBER about three days before XMAS.......... she was cold, nekid and needed new clothes
I rooted around in my stash.......................... BURGANDY!
so she got a sort of outfit..... and shoes to match this time
and dainties in real muslin, with lace and silk ribbon embroidery. (still no beads on them however)
got her dressed..........
Feb rolled around again and YOU GUESSED IT........
into the black hole that seems to be my studio.
this has gone on now for a while......
however I have finally thwarted the black hole........
as the other day, while rooting around to make her yet another disappearing outfit......I found her first one...........!!!!!!!!!!!
oh happy day.......
so she is not nekid but she doesn't have matching shoes.
now the answer to this is .......
yes violet is nuts, certifiably off her rocker.........
ready to learn to drink and talk to her invisible friends.
however we won't tell anyone.

ok I am starting another set of rag/cloth dolls. these will have needlefelted hair.

update on them and the neighbors burnt out of their home next time
vi

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi