Sunday, November 28, 2010

studio cleaning

among other things
bernie is helping
a lot of the 'big' work is done, the endless sorting and labeling
he moved the second big shelf over to the north side of my studio
i am wondering how i got moved out of the brightest (lighting-wise) side of my own studio?

calpurrnia got a tick on her yesterday, yup, winter is here.
i washed small throw rugs and have them hung drying one is out and one is by the woodstove
we'll be bringing the hoses in today as soon as they thaw

i suppose winter is actually here now
the solstice is around the corner

my watercolor area is about ready again, however i don't really have a doll making area now.
i need to do that again, as well as my 'general crafts'
i been thinking more and more of how i want the duck drawings to go
interspersed with stories is how it has to be, along with facts and of course the black/whites mixed with the color work
i think i need to make a feather border too maybe? we'll see

this morning phoebe was very happy btw, she was eating ice chips... she LOVES ice chips
think 'duck potato chips'
oye
so now her beak is bright red!
she is also a bit shivery, ahem....... phoeb??? stop eating the ICE
oye
oye oye
this week is the first surgery
tomorrow
oh man
i am hoping i can function enough to sit and draw, if not
i will be up in bed, trying to read
now the last bad oral surgery i had i was 21, and was so sick for a month (two surgeries two weeks apart on wisdom teeth)
i couldn't wear glasses so i crocheted a rainbow colored granny square blanket
red, yellow, blue, green, purple, orange with black borders
it's around somewhere as it was red heart
this time i am thinking i may just sleep
we'll see how bad i am
right now i am listening to youtube.......pink floyd dark side of the moon
i miss thea right now, so pink floyd, yes, zepplin.......all remind me of her

also i signed up for an online dream seminar on the 8th..... someone remind me ok? at 4pm
cause i remember dreams from when i was a little kid
i dream in full color, with taste, smell, touch etc...some dreams i found to be prophetic, some are stories (they actually unfold like movies- i like those kind a lot too) but all are remembered..... a lot of them vividly... a few of them in bits and peices
so when that online seminar thing came through and it was free i was sooooooooo there

gee my studio looks so empty!
oye
ok off i go for a turkey bagel

2 comments:

  1. Wisdom teeth removal is VERY different from periodontal surgery. You had all four quadrants affected for that. This will be only one quadrant. Are they putting antibiotic into the area when they finish? That's what they did for mine and I haven't had too much trouble since then. They did both quadrants (only needed two) at the same time, though. I think yours might be more extensive but still, not as bad as the wisdom teeth.

    I love the idea of a feather border. It sounds perfect. Maybe with a little duck face diagonally on the corners? (Your description of that little ice eating beak caught me. Funny!)

    Watched first of Lord of the Rings last night -- enhanced version, longer than original theater version. Got out my white lace shawl (Queen Anne's Lace -- MMario pattern) because I didn't want to be sewing the 3 little 'gator toys while watching. In the meantime, of course, I re-knit the round that already had been done, so I then tinked it all back. I'm on round 140 but I think I'll be repeating 137-149 at least once to make this bigger. We'll see. I wonder if it's too big to take on the cruise.....

    I'll try to remember about the on-line seminar.....but we need others to remind you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your surgery, I hope all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi