Friday, November 12, 2010

i'm thinking that the wood is wet

cause i am hearing hissing in the wood stove.

ok i am laying out a new painting, which may or may not happen.
it's santa in his workshop.......sorta

you all saw the old guy (yup it turned out to be just a study, but i sort of thought that)
i was thinking, if i was that toymaker..... what would i want to be surrounded by?
THAT question lead to a LOT of google imaging......
so i started a digital file
(yup this is how i work in color)
i got images of wing chairs and sextons
toy theaters and fireplaces
night skys and art nouveau windows
draperies and brandy snifters (no i don't drink but i figured an old guy that traveled the world would)

and as i type 'old guy' i realize that he is about my age! hahahahaahaha oh man-funny how it's the other person that's OLD

and colors, ok deep rich wine reds, glowing ambers, dark icy blues and greens out the window lit by stars and snow reflection and inside glows from the fire
polished wood
aged leather
deep and heavy velvet draperies

ok so that's what i see in my head
now as to what is going to happen on paper......well we'll see

ok so that's what i am involved in now

and you?

1 comment:

  1. Nice imagery, even for someone who never "did" Santa.

    So I finished up the red Wallaby for Max and assembled the white stealth project but I'm sort of stymied about attaching those three 90" I-cords. Three I-cords don't reach the height of that edge of the wrap, which is about 2.75" so it looks strange no matter how I attach them. Spread out over the height looks strange. All together in about the middle leaves the top and bottom loose and strange. I've made another short I-cord thinking maybe I can weave the I-cords over and under the two "sides" of an I-cord ring that will kind of be just about the full height of that edge. Hmmm. Still thinking. Just that and the hook and crocheted "eyes" at various points inside so the right front stays in place. (It's the left front that's on top and has the I-cords attached.) Still thinking about this one. But it looks as if I probably will have it ready for Chanukah.

    Also decided not to try to make the hobby horse for the young lady for Chanukah but to go for her May birthday instead. I have the alligator for her now. Thinking of assembling the already knit second big cow also -- that would finish up that project since I'm not going to make a third one. (The first went to my SIL for a birthday. She was astounded. They play with the toys I send them.)

    So that's progress yesterday and today. Glad to see the post here. It's empty and echo-y when you don't post. smile

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi