Monday, May 18, 2009

ummmmmmm don't send an artist to the art supply store

without a lease, muzzle and a restraint harness.........

i went to allentown with vicki today
to dick blicks

first off it isn't where it used to be............
it's in the south mall now not at that dead end street
second of all it's not got everything it should

sniff

but it had enough for me to do a bit of damage to my CC

the kid checking me out said, 'did you find everything you needed today'

i said.........YOU MEAN, did i run out of MONEY YET....

which i had
sorta

i got

a drafting light, (my old ones are all crapped out..this was 15.00 so i got it)
a set of pigment pens
a cheapo set of watercolors, ( when i say cheapo it's relative, as the winsor newtons cost a kidney and i only had a quarter of a kidney to bargin with)
a basic set of transparent inks (six colors)
two pads of bristol board as i couldn't find the bulk stuff
and some drafting tape

oye
i still need a few things but that should get me started off
i am hoping i can find my pastels and pastel pencils
as well as my winsor newton water colors
and some other supplie i had when we moved in here and haven't used in a while
the gouache is toast i think
i priced qouache today..... i would have to sell a lung for that
which actually may come up
but not right now

ok now that i broke my poor little credit card
i have to turn BACK into cindie by the fire and clean some more around here
but i just want to play on the board with all my pretty new colors
sniff

no pictures today
maybe tomorrow

thanks so much to vicki who went to town with me
i wouldn't have had the nerve to drive all the way down there and pay all that money by myself

she kept telling me
you know exactly what you want...... (i did but they didn't have some stuff)
you're here, get it

so i did

i love vicki

and now i owe her one big time


vi

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:25 PM

    A-ha, that Viki is an enabler eh? Shame on her. Hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was painful but I bet it sure was fun!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi