Monday, November 20, 2006

counting blessings

since this week is the holiday to be thankful and to count blessings
I have been thinking of just how blessed bernie and I really are.........

we have each other...... 30 years in feb.
lots of folks are unhappy with their partners.........
and there are times I swear that an alien climbed inside bernie.......but for the most part
we are truly happy together.
we enjoy each others company, we enjoy doing things together and he can always ( if he wants to) make me laugh until I cry.........
( he also makes me weak in the knees........the man STILL has got it!)

our little furry and feathered family.........we love them so........they entertain us.......feed us and make us laugh.

one of them is always there to lend a paw or a beak to us.

Our little house........ it's tiny and cluttered and a bit cramped.......but it has a roof that doesn't leak ( hahahah took us long enough) and it is very very cute.........
everyone loves this little stone cottage and I will miss it when we leave.. ( but it is time to go)

we are so lucky to have wonderful friends
and family that are also friends........
I can't tell you all how much I love you guys.........
from my friends that are always at the other end of the phone..no matter HOW far away you all are............ to my farmer friends here who helped me harvest their surplus for the pantry.........

I bless my woodstove and my wood pile every day

as well as my now sizeable load of filled canning jars..........
bernie and i were sort of taking stock of our pantry and it is a very satisfying and FULL pantry.
it really makes for some security............. LET IT SNOW..........
hahahahahah

I am also grateful for our tiny corner of the world......... even though it does have that jackass neighbor.......it also has 250 year old sugar maples, deer, bear, and is just a tiny bit of my beloved eastern woodlands

I even like our house ghost................... he cracks me up with his occationally 'talking' to folks on the phone or when they are in the house.


and to my friends who are no longer in the physcial............... I don't go a day without missing you all but you know that

and I know you folks are ok...........



well guys.. so what are you thankful for?????


vi

2 comments:

  1. i'm thankful for my family, even though we are not together. we will be soon.

    i'm thankful for my mother. i wouldn't be here without her.

    i'm thankful for a warm home (two of them, even!), and warm clothes, and a warm bed with a wonderfully warm man in it (he's sleeping, hush!)

    i'm thankful for my husband. My love, my life, my best friend. and yes, honey, he makes me weak in the knees, too, even when an alien has jumped in him, and made him act odd.

    i'm thankful for my furred family, too. i may cuss jimi when he gets underfoot, but when i'm cold, he curls up on my feet, and lets me know he loves me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving!
    I'm thankful for you!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi