Tuesday, August 01, 2006

off to philly

Ok folks.....I am off to the big city
tomorrow ( probably when you all read this it will be today....... )
I am off to philly
I was to come home baring meat.....( imagine the hits I am going to get with THAT phrase)
I was to stop at the packing plant down there and get beef.........
( oh yeah....I am going to get hits......... dirty old men and horny teenage boys huh?)

I was going to get a hundred pounds of beef and a hundred pounds of chicken......
and if the pork was on sale....... a hundred pounds of that

yes you read that right..........hundred pounds
it is for a YEAR you know
anyway, I didn't get enough canning done out of the freezer and I don't have the space to park this while It waits it's turn in the aluminum jaccuzzi (aka my pressure canner)

so that brings me to my NEXT bright idea
I want a second freezer.......
oh and a generator to run it in the event of black out
( that generator would also power the well pump long enough to flush the toilet in the event of a black out...........if not the hot water for the shower..........)

I want a chest freezer

I am 5' tall........and almost 1" if you will give it to me.

bernie says I will fall in the chest freezer and the lid will come down and I will be trapped........
frozen alive
hahahaha
or frozen dead
a vi cycle........ could I be grape flavored???


oh........... well anyway
you all better miss me

vi

2 comments:

  1. limeberry punch.

    mark & i have talked about splitting a beef with his folks after the wedding, and maybe even buying a hog. now that we have so damned much freezer space (my grandma's upright freezer, plus a chest freezer his folks gave us cuz they didn't ahve room for it in the new house, and the freezers for 3 fridges!), it's economical enough. and i'll get t-bones. mmmmmmmmmm.

    have you canned any meatballs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many people are paying for cryogenics after they die that if you ever fall in the chest freezer, you should think of it as thousand of dollars saved!!

    All your posts make me hungry. Is there any way to send you money so that you'll share some of this yumminess with me? ;)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi