Tuesday, August 15, 2006

canning season and summer rain

OVER 50% off!!!
one pound of assorted soap ( about three bars)
NO choice of color or scent
12.00 a pound plus shipping
order 4 pounds and deduct 10% off the total ( before shipping)
( I am going to float that sale announcement until the stock is gone )
ok
sooooooooooo
it's raining today
I canned over 100 pounds of food last week......
the work for that alone should have made me DROP 100 pounds off my fat behind no?
ha
if I lost an ounce it's because I cut my finger
anyway
something is eating my potatoes
we think it's thumper not bambi
we aren't sure if it's a gopher or a bunny
MY potatoes
do you understand the magnatude of that???
MY YUKON GOLD potatoes
YUKON GOLD
my very favorite potatoes
oye
the rat dies.......................
ok
anyway
we are going out to the potato farm in about two weeks
I am going to get about 50 pounds of hopefully bakers and boilers.......
and go back and get another 50 of bakers and mashers in the fall......
our winter pantry is starting to fill up
tomorrow I am going to easton........it's carole's birthday
we are taking her to lunch and then to the yarn store...
then I make soap the rest of the week
oye
vi

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm... I love Yukon Gold potatoes....

    Don't you live with furry people who can take care of varmits like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. me, too. we tried to grow potatoes last year, but mark's patch is a bit goofey, and they didn't get enough sun. we'll try next year in my back yard. and i want soap, but i wanna pick, lol. you know my favorite. i'll thinka bout it.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi