Monday, February 06, 2006

I swear I have the sickest friends

you people all voting for chicken hats.....
and whats more
I got a couple designs in mind
who's the sick one now?

I have a bit of good news
we only used 13 gallons of heating oil in the last 6 weeks.....
yeah!!!!!
of course it was hotter then arizona in the 'snowbelt' of pa
but hey

doctor news ............ tests and I am waiting on results yet again

chickens are fine
the roo's have girlfriends
and moe moe is growing a real comb in
they are getting bigger monica tells me

the girls are doing well
they got all moved all over while their pens were getting cleaned
and I did get down to see them today with some bacon grease
they love their suet
when it gets below 35 degrees I give them bacon grease
not a lot
just a little nibble
they love it
you should see them
I even got sharon out to hold her and give her a tiny bit more..
(one ounce of bacon grease lasts 4 chickens over a week here......)
I love my girls so much

one of my clients called me sunday.................
the first thing she wanted to know was how are the chickens........she also has orpingtons

my laperms are sacked out all over soaking up the heat from the wood stove

I didn't feel well again and laid down upstairs................
little calpurrnia took that watch and came up to 'watch' mommy
fawn took yesterday
thaddeaus, fawn and calpurrnia took saturday..............
after I got home from teaching
but most of the time they are here soaking up the heat from the woodstove
however they will rouse themselves if there is the merest hint of canned food in the air.................

thems my babies................


til next time
love from vi

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I changed the cup picture a little while after posting the first one, so you're not crazy (at least no more than you usually are, my dear sweet Vi!). I hope you stay warm and that all the critters are taking good care of their momma.

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear things are working a little better, dear.

    i have a friend that would like to order lotion (i let her use some of mine, lol). she doesn't have a computer, do you have any thing else, like a flyer or something?

    lemme know!

    and good cats, watching out for mama (either that, or awaiting your demise so they can pounce! who knows with that stinker thaddeus?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vi!
    I'm sorry to hear that you are waiting on more tests. Here's to some good news in the near future!
    I love reading about your animals - we will be able to get two kitties in April, I hope! We can't wait! I'm glad to hear the roos are doing much better at the farm, too. I hope you start feeling 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi