Thursday, February 16, 2006

the chickens think they're turtles

they keep BURYING the eggs
now
I know that they are all new at this
and I also know that I am robbing THEIR eggs
but they are my girls
you know...........
MY girls
I love their little beady eyes and little kissable beaks
I feed them layette and snacks
they get tomato's and cherrios
bread and spinach
and I sneak them pizza crusts once in a while......
not to mention the occational scrambled aunt orphelia
( we don't like aunt orphelia remember........)
bernie and I clean their bedding regularly
they get fresh water twice a day..........
and sometimes yohurt and cottage cheese.......

I love them
so why oh why would they bury their eggs?

they are NOT turtles
if they are then damn they are the FASTEST turtles I ever did see...........
I ask you

vi~who got today's egg while part of it was still unburied
what do they think they are? PIRATES?

5 comments:

  1. Or maybe they think they're the Easter Bunny, and you're supposed to HUNT for those leetle eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you should make them pirate hats

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vi,
    Our chickens buried the eggs lately too, its because its cold, I think. http://shuvani11.livejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicken hats, Vi? You are making Hats-4-Chickens, or hats that look like chickens?! This I want to see!
    Andy
    http://shuvani11.livejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi