Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I have been informed

that I have been remiss in posting here.
yes that is true
in my defence, I can say that I have been crazy busy...
or
just crazy?
ok I won't promise to try and do better.

first a fast chicken and cat update......
everyone is fine
the roo's are in the basement. Curly is crowing A LOT in the morning
my moe is still my guy, and i miss him down there
larry is a little shit who pecked me..... but he may think twice about doing that again
if a chicken actually thinks

my woodstove is driving me nuts....
the stack is too short...
the draft is not good
and we have a terrible time keeping it going for longer then 2-4 hours

I do have good news however,
my new meds are working....... the doctor is happy
I lost a bit of weight, my insulin levels are coming down.....
she added some other med to help bring the levels down faster
I will start that today
so if I am sleeping for the next few weeks....
it is from the new med

lets see......... Thaddeaus now is sleeping on the bed with us.
He cried at midnight last night so bernie let him out of the crate.....

men stick together......

see!

and speaking of men sticking together, bernie is loving them roo's
he goes and talks to them and makes sure they have water.....and gives them extra food at night
that's fine with me
they need the extra food.

I been giving the chickens fish for the extra calories and the protein.

also yogurt, garlic, tomatoes, parsley, cottage cheese.. left over bread......
well they seem happy
now marguarite isn't old enough yet
but she will get that stuff too as soon as she is old enough for it.

ok
I got a cranky fire to deal with

til next time
vi
ps:
any soap stone stove users out there...........
I need to know how to keep a good overnight burn going so that the furnace doesn't come on at 2am.......

let me know ok?
thanks

3 comments:

  1. the smart ass is doing a happy dance! woot! a post from the all mighty vi! (a touch over done?)

    so, mo went to the farm? where are the other boys going, if they go?

    sorry to hear about your short problems. what's the possibility of building the chimbley up?

    and i'm glad the meds are working well for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are improving witht the wood stove - it just takes a little time for it (and you) to get broker in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vi, one of my roos got a strange idea about me, too. Started attacking my leg whenever I went out to help them. So he was conveniently close and I scoop him up in my arms and cuddle him in the sunshine and he gets warm. I think he is rethinking it too. But I learned not to sweep him away with my foot or anything since he saw that as a threat and thinks he is supposed to fight if I do that! So I changed my strategy to punishing him with cuddles! That'll melt any chicken won't it??! Glad you are doing better now. We are still trying to get chickens into coop each night since they want to go up in trees as they did before we rescued them. But it's been 28 or less and thankfully last night we got them in the coop (well lined with hay). Yes, I had to chase Biddy up the tree climbing about 6' off the ground *gulp* and pull her down...
    I'm not usually a tree-climber since I got a compound fracture in both legs trying to get them out of the tree (and fell through a ladder) last August! (Believe me, I was very nervous about climbing the tree, but she was all alone and with only pinfeathers on the bare neck!...molting of course!) See ya at KR!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi