Saturday, May 17, 2014

crossroads are the stuff of life

and i feel another one coming on
i have been working with the idea of licensing
and somehow ended up painting mostly birds- now don't get me wrong, as i love birds (you all know i got enough of them right? .oye)
i'm also teaching myself botanical art while the violets are blooming
i have a few areas i can expand into and i would really like to do just that
i am getting to a point though where i am trying to figure out if i should further specialize in my work.....
or consciously branch out a bit
the muse is no help at the moment

i have realized that over the past few years, i have decided (and that was reinforced by friends who believe in me) that what i do really is worth while.
even when my work bombs... the overall level is worthwhile
to that end now........ i find i am not skimping on art supplies anymore
since i was given those colored pencils..........suddenly my world view has change and to that end
i ordered even better brushes.....(wow..wowy wow wow wow)
i had been slowing getting supplies.... a good brush here and there.... the BEST quality lightfast paints (slowly slowly) i kept trying to put off the bulk of the really good  brushes..... but something snapped in my head and i ordered quite a few brushes recently ( with more planned down the road)

suddenly i am not willing to settle.... not with supplies, not with my work.... and i am pushing even harder to get what i consider better at what i do
now my crossroad is ......which way to take my work....and which way (and where) to market it
i knew starting this color work that i wanted to license it...flags and such
i need to figure how hands on to be
i need help brainstorming this as well
bernie isn't much help in this area, as he is basically 'whatever you decide'

so that's where i'm at on this sunny spring morning.......
not altogether a bad spot to be in i think


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi