Monday, August 29, 2011

after maths of the storm

we're ok
 how are you folks that were in the path?
here, some branches and leaves down.....
my big and adored sugar maple is almost totally leafless-
but we still have electric and a lot of my friends don't
we got rain......
we got winds
not as much rain or as heavy winds as we feared

we put the ducks out around noon-ish
they were so happy
the babies had an indoor waterfall and swimming pool out in the back pen, falstaff was strutting his duckly stuffs
malcom and the big girls were in the upper pens which got all fresh bedding
the cats were happy with the after storm energy
the budgies too
the chickens not as much

oh and then my hamilton beach 702R food processor broke....
damn
i can't get the part to replace so it's basically a brick now
i am looking at a magimix........
Cuisinart and kitchenaid are now made in china, but they used to be made by the same company as the magimix
i been reading reviews of all of them though
i need a big one, i use it for making 'crumbs' and also pureeing veggies....and now making no knead pizza crust. for the dough function i need a powerful one too.

if anyone has recommendations of one that they bought within the last year, that is big and powerful, that isn't made in china....and they use for dough PLEASE PLEASE let me know

so what is it with the appliances lately?
i realize that the food processor is pretty old...probably like 97 or so maybe even 92
but the sealer is only like 5 years old or so

although i got the part for my vacuum sealer and i'm now happily sealing away
but i am saving for a chamber sealer.....seriously now commercial is the way to go

now in other news, you folks know how much i love the work of ingo jewelry....
well she's having a contest
here are the rules HERE
i do intend on entering......
she is a one person artisan operation......she, herself and her- and she's good.
i love to see folks work hard and succeed
i am hoping some of you folks will enter too as i think if we do she'll get more people to see her work
and christmas is coming.....

well i guess i don't have much else to say
at least not today
i am sitting on the ice pack again
cause i'm all twingy

i hope you folks all stayed safe during this storm
and i hope you all check in

take care

vi


2 comments:

  1. Glad you are all okay. Eastern PA is in the dark, especially Wayne County. Good thing my brother has a generator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it through the storm ok.

    I have a broken food processor blade. I grated something I shouldn't have tried to grate--an older bar of Fels Naptha soap, and discovered a piece of the plastic that holds the blade on the spinner thingey, in with the soap bits. I glued it back on with JBWeld, but it came undone again yesterday. So I got some epoxy putty to try to fix it again. The same thing happened with my steam juicer. The nozzle thingey broke off, and I glued it back on with JBWeld, which held until I tried to get the hose off again, and I broke it right off again. So I used epoxy putty to weld it back on. I haven't used it again yet, so we shall see if it works.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi