Friday, May 27, 2011

could it be? blue skys, and i am back from the walking dead?

i think though i dislocated a rib while yacking all night wednesday
gees, just when i didn't think i could get any sicker.....but today i am better

however i slept through most of the night and all of the storms so it's not so bad today

this weekend we are to take part in what apparently is a herron family tradition now...mucking manure
used to be we mucked sheep barns, this weekend we are mucking duck pens
(just think, normal folks have BBQ)
i don't know why it works out that way but it does
i am hoping to get a jump on it but we'll see how i feel

my cousin nick had a tree down on his house.....took the corner off
he's fine, the house will be fine
we didn't see any damage here
and we got TREES huge ass trees
couple hundred year old trees
not a branch is down from what we can see

bernie told me not to over do it today as last night was the first actual sleep i've gotten in over a week
i'll play it by ear
yesterday i tried to start on my studio again which has gotten seriously out of hand
i didn't get too far
i did however print out my reference photo for the next drawing (several times actually)
i ran out of steam when it was time to start the actual blocking out of the drawing
at that point i declared it 'pizza thursday' and informed bernie
maybe he's right about not over doing it today?

i got some pictures for you guys.......this is our rhodo on the front of the house....it's so big now that it covers the front. i am intending on either moving it or cutting it way back in about a week. as i don't want it covering the front windows or giving any area for crooks to hide (or deer..sorry bambi)
but it's a pretty thing, the colors are a big washed out in the photo's. it's actually a deep raspberry color
but i thought you all would like to see it. i think it's about 20 feet tall now and just a sheet of color

ok i have to finish my coffee and get dress, no i am not dressed yet.....blame that on the plague too
oye

ok gotta go

2 comments:

  1. All that beautiful purple & green! Looks like Spring has sprung in your area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are starting to feel better. I have had trouble making comments lately. I type them up, and can't get google to recognize me. I got most of my garden planted, I still need to plant potatoes and tomatoes. But it is supposed to rain AGAIN starting tomorrow afternoon, so I am hoping to get some planting done tomorrow morning.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi