Thursday, June 17, 2010

mosquitos got me good

we put the ac on about 3am, it was really hot and thaddeaus had decided he didn't want to sleep on my pillow anymore

bernie finally got a bit more sleep
(he thinks he didn't sleep but he snored all night.....how do i know?? well damn I DIDN'T SLEEP cause of his SNORING)
when i got up this morning i was all bitten up
even my face ( showered before bed and no sunscreen reapplied)
i am very sick of this
it' seems that they come in through the AC somehow and then when it's rainy out they are much worse then when it's dry
hot and humid makes them bite me

yesterday i read memiors of a geisha, i started it in the morning and finished it yesterday......
i really need to lock up my books
weather like this makes me stick my nose in a book and once i do....i don't seem to take it out until i'm finished with that book
i'm a very fast reader but still.......i got work to do and no time to stick my nose in a book on a rainy gloomy overcast day (which is of course the perfect day for summer reading)

oye

today i need to put all the chickens out.......
and do gardening work
and then do the living room, i have some boxes in there that need to go out to the garden for mulching under beds
i also need to get to the post office......... but will most likely send bernie
i need to get ready for ducklings!!! they ship tuesday i believe!!!
6 ducklings is going to be a lot easier then the 10 i had last time..........i just hope i only have one drake........i really don't want to have to send any up the hill
anyway
today looks sunny....... (i can see some sun out back on the tree leaves........i need to take the camera with me i suppose, i owe you folks a ton of photos)

btw, i am thinking of calling the little blue easter budgie 'emma'
i still need a name for the lemon colored one....(don't think i didn't think of lemon but she bites already- i didn't want to sour her)

i really should not have taken yesterday off to read again...... i am behind to begin with, now i am even more behind..........oye

ok well i'm off
i have to start my day.....
you all have a nice day today, and i hope it's not too hot or cold where you all are

3 comments:

  1. Giant ragweed leaves, made into a tea, splashed on insect bites can relieve the itching. We happen to have the world's largest supply of Giant ragweed (Ambrosia trifida, I think is the scientific name). The plants grow to be about 9 feet tall. It is said that a fiber can be made from the stems, I have not tested this.

    Our mosquitoes here in Texas are really bad. When I chicken sit, I take a mix of rubbing alcohol and vinegar and spray it on myself. It does have to be reapplied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giant ragweed. Hmm. I don't think it's growing in our yard. I get big welts from the mosquito bites, too. I use benedryl cream on them to keep me from scratching them. Sigh. There must be somewhere in the food chain that we're all missing -- something needs to eat those mosquitoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. here we have jewelweed which works great. and muscovy ducks love to eat mosquitos..... why do you think i need to get more ducklings?

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi