Tuesday, November 24, 2009

non-classical adrenal hyperplasia

we are waiting for the test results and genetic markers
but it looks like in addition (or probably a precursor ) to pcos
will the genetic wonders never cease? i did find one site that had an evolutionary positive for this defect, 'increased intelligence'
ok
meanwhile we wait
and i have to say, i go from disbelief to anger to hope to depression to crying to being ok

as to the doctor, we like her

we like her VERY MUCH
she's is not stupid, she isn't prejudice, nor fat-phobic, she is thorough, and took the initiative to order 'out of the box' blood work which may turn out to be the answer to the continuing problems, there may be treatment.

it won't help my looks now unfortunately, as due to my age, the hirstuism is most likely permanent, as is the baldness, and the skin satiation, and possibly the hyperpigmentoses (please excuse the spelling issues, i am not going to look them up)
it may however help the mood swings, the depression, panic attacks, anxiety, fatigue, muscle weakness, etc

oh and my blood pressure......... 120/70 which for me is kinda high.......so that stupid ASS of a doctor up here who was going to give me HIGH bloodpressure meds....... she should be stripped of her license to practice........or MALPRACTICE medicine

part of me is hopeful that i will feel better
part of me is so angry that i had to suffer, for so many years, not only the physical symptoms, but the freekish looking body, and the remarks people have thrown at me
(remember the 20 year old neighbor's houseguest just last month calling me fat)

you know......right now i am very very tired of the fight to try and get some answers

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:12 AM

    I can sympathize with being tired of it all. I hope this information gives you some useful answers, in the end. Best wishes for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what fabulous news! A doctor who knows her stuff and is worth her salt! Here's to hoping that with her intuition and guidance, you may receive relief and hope.

    Your friend

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi