Sunday, February 08, 2009

the plague is upon me

and taken up residence in my head, eyes, throat and nose
with occational forays into my chest, and legs

i am all woozy!

i am trying to knit a boot
i am praying that the boot will actually resemble a boot...............
not like the unfortunate 'bra' toed boot.....( very rare and endangered you know)

as i am anxious to get these red ones done and go on to the gray ones

i ordered lamb's pride bulky in dark heathered gray ( 06 color number)
and made a new friend!
Karen is the owner and a really wonderful person
she is in the process of trying wheels to see which one fits her

i wish her the best of luck ( and a lendrum double treadle upright...........but i am bias)

i researched bottoms for the boots
and i may end up following the russian model and useing galoshes
for a bit
but i am looking for rugged outdoor snow soles as well
which i am thinking i have found at a shoemakers supply

this boot project is a really exciting one for me
it's got me risking ripping out acres of knitting with the plague because i am so excited

now...........

someone please remind me

i have to post pictures and also i am thinking of posting a list of books that i think folks need to know about
stuff that's useful and books that are extremely satisfiying to read
they could be cookbooks
or how to
or dickens ( cause i do love my dickens)

but there are a few i know for a fact that should have seen a MUCH wider audience then they did

vi

1 comment:

  1. Good Morning vi!

    I'd love to see your list of books. I just bought "Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens". It would have been great to be able to peruse your list of recommendations before placing my order.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi