Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Things I have learned to be true

  • You never have the yarn you need for a project, no matter how big your stash is, there is always one that you NEED for the next project and don’t have. ( and right now that is fluffy white angora for a brim and lining on a winter hat)
  • Ducks can and do tell you off, and it is as funny as hell when they do it
  • So do chickens and it is equally funny
  • Any sentence that includes a chicken is just inherently funny, but the really FUNNY thing about chickens is their LEGS-cracks me up every time
  • No matter how many cookies you bake…… you always find out that you should have baked just one more batch/kind
  • It takes me about 10 days to properly appreciate an event
  • Hanging laundry on the line is a very satisfying thing to do….just not my underwear
  • The night you have the WONDERFUL amazing dinner ready by 7pm, the husband will arrive at 8, tired and hungry but just wanting to eat and go to sleep
  • Dishes will multiply if you leave even ONE in the sink at night……don’t do that, trust me they will breed, and in the morning you can’t even FIND the sink…let alone the faucet to draw water to make the coffee
  • If the phlebotomist tells you ‘you are going to get a hemotoma’ believe her, and don’t USE THE ARM.
  • Remember, this too like corn and diarrhea shall pass, some things don’t pass soon enough, and some too quickly but all things do change
  • Laughing really IS all it’s cracked up to be…… do it often and with your whole heart
  • The only difference between and experienced knitter and a newbie is, the experienced knitter knows how to fix their mistakes, they still make them
  • The knitter thing can go for a metaphor for life as well
  • Squirrels may be pests at the bird feeder but they sure are funny to watch



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:41 PM

    hey, I found your blog, someone posted the address on canning2! the things you have learned are all too true! The one about the laundry had me laughing though, I have NOT used a dryer in 15 years and I do hang out my underwear but strategically placed on the middle line so that no one can see them, call me crazy but it is no one's business what kind of underwear anyone in my family wears! take care, Susie

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi