Friday, October 21, 2005

Oh the horror of demolition

ok thems that don't know......
we are AGAIN redoing the kitchen....
gutting it again
and moving EVERYTHING this time
stove, sink..... dishwasher.....EVERYTHING.....
we are even removing a window......too bad we can't remove a doorway..... like the one to the BASEMENT......
ok well we can't sooooooooooooooo

I am tearing the kitchen apart
I got my little self where I keep the stuff I make lotions out of there......
I got part of my dishes out too
I realized I need to get my pots and pans out..my pantry out.......
and the rest of everything out.....
where the hell am I going to put it all?
.
.
.
.
we are going to remove and wall up the window.....
rewire and move the stove over.......
replumb and move the sink down then build in the dishwasher.....
( why can't I have a new stove? a drop in or slide in?)
we have a few more cabinets to add......and then......
.
.
.
.
. ( are you all ready for this????)
.
.
sure now?
.
.
.
I get kitchen counter tops...............!!!!!!!!!!!!
it has only been 2.75 years..........
not too bad huh?
not like the 18 years I waited for the damn kitchen in the first place...
.
.
.
.
let this be a lesson to you..NEVER buy a house without a workable kitchen.......NEVER EVER......
and if your husband/SO is handy and would put in a new kitchen........ please send him/her here for a week or so.....
I promise to send this marvolous person back well fed........
and not damaged in anyway.......AFTER they help me finish up in the kitchn...
.
.
.
.
once we light a fire under bernie he does get a decent job done but you really need a large fire under him
thankfully I got Carole..........
she lit not only a fire but put the fear of CAROLE ( said in hushed and respectful tones) in him.
I guess it was her listening to me yet again attempt to find stuff to make a batch of soap in the kitchen from hell...
she wanted that soap I was making as it is her favorite..
so there was nothing for it
the kitchen had to be finished.......
and to be finished it had to be rearranged....... that way I get counter tops!
yeah for counter tops
yeah for carole.........
and yeah for if and when I ever get through this kitchen.............

til next time
vi

ps: chickens, cats, goaties and sheepies are all well..

1 comment:

  1. i'll send mark if i can send jimi with him. the damned cat has been trying to eat my halloween costume patterns, and then, tonight, planted himself in the middle of the black taffeta that clings to everything, including him, and not being a terribly convenient pattern weight, i've locked him on the front porch til i get the crap cut out. i'm takinga small break, but back i go!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi