Friday, December 16, 2011

oh my goodness it's FRIDAY!!!!

let's see
i went to the new endo monday......we liked her and we hired her
first thing she said 'you have three things against you, as far as losing weight, so as long as you're healthy we are not going to worry about it'
she also pointed out that sumo wrestlers are healthy athletes so we left the weight issue there-
she understood about the thryoid/adrenal/pcos things
she ordered tests
and is going to really look at the thyroid node (so she says...we'll see)
i am going to do the tests i think after christmas
meanwhile wednesday i was to the dentist for a filling
i LOVE my dentist......first off the shot doesn't hurt at all
i don't feel a thing!
there is a slight taste of the novocaine when he gets the needle out
now i do have problems with cold so the suction/air makes me crazy
and i will tell you that it isn't cheap over 350.00 ( i don't know how much insurance is going to reimburse)
BUT
by the time the numbness wears off......you would NEVER know work was done!
NEVER
(the fact that another silver filling is gone-replaced with white resin is also a plus)

ah.... in knitting news, i cast on another shawlette in red (merino/tencel)
with alternating green and 'golden' glass beads
it's pretty cool so far
i took a swatch of an estonian lace edging and worked out the math (i hope anyway)
so we'll see how long it's going to be
this is a coned yarn i got during the webs sale..... 1750 yards for 17.50
at first it looks like a bright scarlet christmas red......BUT knit up it's a glowing bursting with inner light wine color
sweet!

in studio progress, there is some.....i moved my drafting table and my beading workbench into position....now if thaddeaus peabody would just stop peeing BEHIND the litter box i could finish my studio and get back to work.............

oye
now for duckie updates...malcom is either dyink.....or has resigned himself to being a good boy,
he walks out to his pens with out making me too nuts (i carry him if he's too pokey) he totally runs into his crate at night........IGNORING all other ducks
even today after a pond bath......which normally gets his 'gander up' (drakes are like that) he just came in the house and went to bed
not pissy, not pecky and definitely not interested in mom sitting on him again for aggression...life is sweet with good boys
the girls......well that is another story....
phoebe jumped lilli and lille gave her a black eye......PLUS a hematoma on her left webbing
serves phoebe right for trying to beat up lilli......meanwhile phoebe LOVES mommy again (thank goodness)
but lilli still hates me......she better get over that shit soon
i tell them every day that they need to be dealing with each other soon...i have run out of winter pens

falstaff is falstaff......
and the baby girls.....well, prudence has me a bit worried...her pupils don't dilate like the others all do- they are mostly pinned........ that's how cleo's eyes looked and she had nuro stuff wrong with her.... which killed her before she was a year old
pru is also a bit more skittery then everyone else

and no one is currently laying so i have to actually buy eggs.....i have 4 female ducks, 4 female chickens and not one freeken eggie!

ok i have to bake some snickerdoodles for bernie now
so off i got
i will post again soon, before the holiday i am sure
AND i hope for pictures

til then

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you liked the new doctor. I love my dentist like that, the shots don't hurt the way he does it. When my teeth break and I am freaked out, he calms me down and tells me he can fix it. I tried about 5 dentists before I found this one. We are moving after Christmas--DH finally got a job, but we have to move to Texas for it. In fact, he is already there, and I am here packing up the rest of the house. One of the things that makes me sad is having to find new doctor and dentist. But after 21 months of unemployment, it is such a blessing to have a job again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found a doctor and a dentis you like, good for you! It took me a while to "find" someone I liked an trusted. Life is good.
    Hope your "children" are all well and settle soon.
    Take care and keep warm.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi