Friday, March 11, 2011

japan now?

i hope that it's not as bad as i have seen on the net
it looks horrible though
and i just feel so bad for the folks over there....
so many horrors of nature has been happening to us all lately....
i truly do believe that it's all from the earth's axis shifting
and while i could be way wrong, i think that the end of the world isn't near....
but life as we know it IS going to change
of that i am sure
life always changes......sometimes gradually sometimes fast
the past 100 years brought huge fast sweeping changes
i think the next hundred is going to as well......but i think it will be reversal change

i think we need to prepare as much as we can but really i think the BEST preparations is knowledge
know HOW to do things for yourself
know how to grow and store and cook your food
know how to live with less electricity, less oil, less waste

i wish that i could say i lived in an area that fostered community......
however i don't
i have had some of the worst neighbors EVER, since we've moved here
their attitudes are 'i got mine, who gives a shit about you'
and then they run down the 'outsiders'

oye
today, we're going to be dealing with some of the aftermath of the flooding
my basement and the back
mostly due to the excessive runoff from the road
we're planning on putting in our own asphalt curbing
as the township doesn't bother to repair it when the plows tear it all out
i am going to call the local hardware store and talk to them about it
we may have to have the driveway ends repaved with humps to limit the run off

the ducks won't be too happy nor will the chickens when i have to put everyone out back in the flooded big pen to clean out the cellar
i think i better wait for bernie to do that though
i hurt my elbow again doing water buckets and grain pans but i am going to put as many birds out today as i can....and try to do something about the worst of the wet in the house...i would rather not add bedding to the floors down there, but i may have to ....just to soak up the water
maybe i should get stall dry?
the chickens are elevated so their pen is dry but all around them isn't
i don't think that's good

anyway here's the pictures of the water from yesterday, i took them during a lull in the rain.... so they aren't showing how really bad it got but it's enough for you all to see
i am thinking.....i need to really get bernie on the stick to help me more somehow...he's not really been doing anything much lately

oye
til i dry out......

1 comment:

  1. Japan is so sad, isn't it? Yes, I think things may just get worse. But you have worked hard to be self-reliant, and I think that will make all the difference.

    I am so sorry you are having water issues in your house. I think that scares me more than anything, we had minor flooding a couple of times. Once was when i was in the hospital having my appendix out. I told DH to check the basement, since I heard some neighbors had flooding. He went home and didn't check it, thinking I was just being a ditzy nag or something. When I asked about it the next day, he reluctantly went down to check--and found all my boxes of fabric sitting in water! (I TOLD his to check! Sheesh!) He and my girls had to rewash all my fabric and re-box it, and I couldn't helps a bit, being in the hospital.

    Good luck getting things dried out. It sounds like you do need something to keep the runoff from your place.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi