Sunday, December 05, 2010

da TREE .........'tis UP



here is our tree, bernie put it up with me directing....he forgot the strands of pearls (which i need to restring, they are very expensive vintage faux french pearls all hand dipped that my mom used to embroider on wedding gowns) there are a lot of my handmade ornaments.
i make tiny 2'' boxes that are the right size for expensive pieces of jewelry... padded inside.... hahahaha
out of silks, satins, velvets and velveteens. With imported vintage laces and trims (yup totally insane.. it's leftover stuff from dolls)
i also make silk ribbon embroideries....on silk with silk velvet backings, my handmade rayon tassels, and my hand dyed silk ribbons....

silk ribbon embrodery grapes

acorn box, silk satin, velveteen
there are other ornaments like delft painted blown eggs, and small dolls etc, but these are what bernie put on this tree (mainly he couldn't figure out where the hell he'd put all the other stuff)
so there you have our tree, and a small sample of what i do around here...... besides drawing, dolls, canning, baking, cooking, knitting, annoying folks.... and playing with the animals.
please leave me a comment ok? my friend lana wants me to open an etsy store, which i have been thinking of...... but i am not too sure about doing crafts for it...i think i can sell prints of my drawings and paintings however so anyway.....you all let me know ok?

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Those ornaments are gorgeous. I can easily see you selling crafts if they are that quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:12 AM

    I can't say yes or no about an Etsy store. Some people are very successful; I think you create things that there is a market for. Do you want to run a business?

    Aside from that, I want to see more embroidery. More!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tree is so elegant! I haven't started decorating yet, my youngest daughter moved out Mon. and I am moving all my sewing and holiday decorations into her old room. Who knew it was more than a 1 day job? lol

    About etsy, I don't know much about it, but it seems like you could sell drawing and crafts both, so whatever you felt like doing could be listed. I bet your crafts would sell well, though.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi