Sunday, October 15, 2006

transylvanian garlic, & sheep manure

you know...... the GOOD things in life

ok we planted garlic....
transylvanian, silverskin and a red garlic
I got a plot of garlic that is about 5 feet long by about 3 feet wide...
hopefully garlic likes sheep shit cause THAT is what it is planted in.....
worms BIGGER then my FINGERS....
fisherfolks eat your heart out.

we took the dead plants out of the garden.... mulched a bit
brought in firewood
bernie took hoses out etc
I helped for a while until moron neighbor was outside screaming at those poor little boys.....
I don't know which kid he was yelling at but one of the boys was crying.....
since the oldest just turned 9.......
they are not big boys at all
he was yelling at the boy for crying.

he was yelling so loud that EVERYONE could hear him if they were outside

that idiot makes me sick.

ok on to better things
I made carole's sloppy joes last night
I even bought worchestershire sauce AND hot sauce to make them.. that is how GOOD it is.
we had them last night on multigrain rolls and today we also will have them..........

ok in other news, I am plotting to get me a green house......
nothing too big mind......but maybe a way to grow some lettuce etc over the winter.
since all the e-coli scares with the fresh produce.......
it's better if we grow our own no?

I got brussels sprouts I am babying out on the deck right now....
I want to rig a cold frame for them so they will actually GROW
btw, the one seed i planted in a barrel of manure is 6 times the size of the ones I planted in regular garden soil......
so the moral is boys and girls.. have the sheep shit in your garden..........
or...........

no matter how deep the doo doo....... it is fodder for SOMETHING no?
hahahahahahaa
ok
meanwhile now........
I am off to the kitchen I also have a bushel of apples to sauce today...
hmmmmmmmmmmmm

cinnamon spiced applesauce anyone?


vi
til next time

2 comments:

  1. i'd say i'd trade you spiced apple sauce for orange pear butter, but i've got 6 pints of spiced pear butter, so i'm not interested, lol. and yes, this is the SECOND batch of pear butter. oy. and, naturally, these pears were riper, so they sauced out mroe, so while we cut up & cooked about 1/3 less pears, we ended up with more sauce to reduce. oy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i actually ran across a red stripe variety at the old market farmer's market here. they were giving out samples, lol! one clove plus a little slip talking about the variety and it's qualities. it was very good (we used it to juice up some bottled alfredo), and i may go back and buy more. granted, next year i'll have more garden time, lol.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi