Sunday, November 25, 2012

on being creative

i'm a person that needs to make things...with my hands
i need to see things in my brain and bring that out- down my arms and through my fingers
it's a real need 
like breathing
even eating will take second place to creating
when the muse descends i can forget (and do forget) everything
i forget to do chores (except animal chores) 
i forget to eat
to take breaks

all that matters is what is coming out.....the struggle of something new being born
once born i am interested in it for a short time
but then put it away for 'later'

when 'later' comes, i am more often then not surprised at what i see!
i don't remember all the little details although i was THERE 
i CREATED THEM

i don't remember!

i have often wondered if that is part of the process...... as it comes through a human?
it's also why i am beginning to think that it isn't all me doing it

somehow something, which i will call the muse, works with me and through me
and a lot of times something amazing happens

it's almost like an addiction as well, because when i haven't been creating for a bit (like right now) i get unsettled, bored, depressed, life seems to lose it's luster, it's meaning and it's purpose.
i rattle around, unsure what to do with myself
my fingers need to be doing SOMETHING
my mind needs to be challenged 

and i get into a very bad bad mood
now all this being said...
i have work to do 
i am going to get off the laptop and wander over to my drafting table
i may draw
i would like to make some thing too.....maybe an ornament?
maybe an object?
i wouldn't mind bookbinding, that is always fun
making a box out of fabrics and cardboard is fun too
or possibly a pop up paper theater?
a cloth doll? with a trunk and wardrobe?
a tiny candy house made out of clay?

the possibilities are endless and fascinating.......

the hard part is choosing and starting

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi