Sunday, October 16, 2011

rhinebeck 2011


 starting out .... sun coming up-
 this year we went with jen... who drove.
bernie didn't think the van would make it ( i think it would have no problem)
i packed the meal part of our picnic lunch:
deviled ham (i love making this)
chicken salad
egg salad
cream of tomato eggdrop soup with cheddar

jen made the coffee, cocoa, cookies (which i normally drop off at spirit trail booth for the ladies there) and she bought a fruit salad
and froze the water for the cooler
we left here at 5am......stopped in Milford pa for coffee and...... then on our way
we went a new way this year to rhinebeck and luck was with us.
we got a spot close to the main gate (which they opened this year) were up near the very front of the line to get in....and waited about 15 minutes then CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we all were off and running...first stop SPIRIT TRAIL (always) so we can say hi before they get too swamped
ran into jane and clara so spent some time talking to each of them
martha had a chicken shirt for me..she never forgets me!
i got two skeins of yarn and clara's new book which she signed for me.... i told her chicken, and lamb stories ( it's amazing that they all still talk to me huh? )

Spirit Trail had three spaces this year..... i did find that there appeared to be less vendors then last year and WAY less then 3 years ago.... ditto on the animals....only two tunis this year......and they weren't in the back barns but in the breed barn up by where the fiber all way....way less outside vendors as well




however i got a ton of yarn and cards for some of the animal breeders. bernie of course said no.....but when do i ever listen to him anyway?
we went around the barns- here is a very lovely tunis for you to drool over..... freshly shorn and another one that was the sweetiest little LITTLE ewe..... i love them so very much, tunis is my first love of breed.

there was a good sized crowd, it was kind of warmish.....i only wore my purple and white color knit hat that reminds folks of St Basil's catherdral in st petersburg russia- one very nice man said to me 'that is a GREAT hat ......seriously a GREAT HAT'
i got a few comments on it

now the video isn't the greatest, but i did what i could
i am going to post more pictures tomorrow along with the stash photos' ok?
it's taking forever today

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:20 PM

    Oh, thank you for posting pictures. I had planned to go, but changed my mind at the very last minute. Too bad, I could have met you in person.

    Ah, well. Why do you love Tunis so much, by the way? I know that you do, but it's not a love I've ever felt. However, I've not spun it, either, just felt it in raw fleece form. So pray tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:17 PM

    Glad you had such a nice time. I attended once, and never again. The crowds are just too much for me, and I don't get around very well either. I would never get to see very much as I am, but I'm happy you had such a good time, met old friends, made some new ones, and were able to find some wonderful yarns at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi