Thursday, June 21, 2007

serafina and company

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

we have four ducklings
serafina is a bit......ahem.............. protective

protective duck....+ me needing to FEED and WATER them.....= me covered in duck poop

not the way i wanted to end my gardening day the other day
oye

and it was exceptionally smelly poop.......and i know from poop
bright GREEN too

ok so we had this storm the other night..... and bernie ( you remember him right...mr. no more animals.....and mr. get rid of the ducks???)

ran out in the storm to make sure falstaff was ok....as falstaff is in the outer pen....since he tried to kill the babies and rape serafina....
the outer pen doesn't have a roof.... just a small panel and then top flight netting....

all that happened was....his food got really really wet......

my tomatoes flopped over......
and falstaff spent the night in his crate
oye

I tied up the tomatoes...... there are a LOT of baby fruits on them....
i am looking forward to black tomato sauce.....
and canning hopefully 500 pounds of fruits......
after last years abysmal season.....
the peppers aren't doing as well

meanwhile badger the lamb is getting big..... he is hearty and healthy and quite a handful at times
and he doesn't always listen like he should
but he's growing on us

bernie loves him and wishes we could keep him

we can't.....he's going to be a HUGE sheepie when he's done growing

oye

vi

9 comments:

  1. So cute!!

    Isn't amazing how quickly people become attached to animals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwwww those tiny little fluffballs are soooooo cute! they would look so nice with a grouping of little cayugas.....kind of yin and yang, yanno?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can hear your joy in your menagerie in every word - they are very lucky creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vi, look at those sweet baby ducks! They are beautiful little yellow puffballs. I share your pain about the duck poop, I've been covered in it for years. ;-} Something killed eight of my babies Friday night. They were on the lake, full-feathered and can fly short distances. I'm just heartbroken. I rounded up all of my ducks, babies and adults and put them in the kennel. I'm not letting them out until I find the b&#$%@d that killed my sweet ducks. There will be a reckoning if I can manage it. Think firing squad.
    You need a big farm, girl. Room for all you babies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the ducklings are adorable

    ReplyDelete
  6. what??!! you haven't shared those pictures of your handsome guys with the world yet? you're slackin girl! you're slackin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. we're waiting for pictures of that first swim girlie! get crackin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like your tomatoes are doing much better than mine! i was out in the garden this afternoon and picked 6 GRAPE tomatoes. didn't even make a snack for one boy! (so i split them between the two of them, lol).

    bernie is just a fuddyduddy, i swear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. TAG! you're it!

    http://wager-wars.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi