Saturday, February 10, 2007

funny, but it doesn't SEEM like 30 years

but it is
we will be married 30 years tomorrow

we will be having a very quiet and private day at home
hahahahaha

bernie and i have been talking........
we've come sooooooooo far
we've gone through soooooo much together
and yet it doesn't SEEM like 30 years

I remember at 17 years...saying wow......it doesn't SEEM that long

but it is now 30 and still doesn't seem that long

It isn't a common thing to be so in love
that you would rather live in a hovel with the person you love
then a palace with anyone else--- and have it last.
but that is how we are. And that's how we've been for 30 years.
we would give up anything to be together
we have not had it easy at times
but we stuck it out and we stuck together

we now live in our little stone house in the woods with our cats and chickens..
we board our farm animals until we can move to our own farm

we live a quiet life of happiness together
we've forged something that is ours alone
I can't begin to put it into words

even though there are times as you all know when I get mad at him
and he gets mad at me, the core is untouched.

I still look at him and get shivery,
I wait for the sound of his key in the door when he comes home from work

he still can't sleep if I am not there
he tells me that on the rare occations when I am not here when he gets home,
that the house is so empty, as if the very life is gone.

tomorrow is 30 years of life, love and shared experience

I am not stupid
I do know just how very blessed I am


we both are


til next time

vi

who wishes you all a love like this for forever

10 comments:

  1. Hi Vi,
    > Sigh. I still can't leave a comment on your blog because it wants a
    > blogger password, which I don't have. So here is my post. Maybe you
    > can add it to your comments????
    >
    > Hi Vi, sure hope this works this time. In the past I haven't been
    > able to leave a comment.
    >
    > I loved this post! Wonderful words.
    >
    > I feel the same about my relationship with my husband of 25 years.
    >
    > But 30. Wow.
    >
    > Huge congratulations!
    >
    > I'll be checking back for lamby updates!
    >
    >
    >
    > All the best on your 30th!
    > Lynne


    ***note from me,
    thank you so much Lynne
    we still can't believe it
    and no one thought we would last even a YEAR!!!
    congradulations to you folks too
    vi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how sweet! May we all be so blessed!

    Congratulations on thirty years and best wishes for many more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! Enjoy your special day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy anniversary, honey. sounds like you and bernie have made it.

    ah, love, sweet love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary to you and Bernie! Your post is so sweet, I'll make hubbie read it -- I hope we're like you guys after 30 years...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Your blog entry really touched me. John can't sleep when I'm away either (well, it doesn't help to have a cat wandering around the house caterwalling because she can't find me, either!)

    May the next 30 years be as happy as the last:)

    PS: I just previewed this and see that it says I am "Princess Potato Pancake" - long story I won't go into right now. I'm actually KnottyKnitter from KR. I have lots of names:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah...how sweet...and yet, for those of us who really know you...well, the color orange mean anything to you, Vi? Bwaaahaaahaaa!

    Go glad to have found your blog...so scared to see how you respond...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheesh...I can't even spell...or maybe it's because I was tyring to talk and type at the same time. My fingers arne't that talented, I guess.

    But seriously, tell B happy anniversary. Hope it was grand :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! You're an inspiration to the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous8:21 PM

    WOW! That makes yall older 'n dirt! hahahahahah Only 'old' people are married 30 years, donchano?

    Bok!Bok!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi