Thursday, June 08, 2006

worm barns.....and rainy days

it's been raining here.........a LOT
in fact the rhodo leaves are so moist that when the sun comes out they WILT!!!
so the last of the garden isn't in.....
but I am going to put in a worm barn

now
before you think I have completely lost it.....
( ok before you confirm that I have completely lost it)

I just want a place where the kitchen scraps are composted up faster then in the general heap....
so a worm barn it is

I need a lidded bottomless something or other......so the worms can come and go......
and I will add some shredded newspaper and some soil and kitchen scraps.....
and feed the wormies....

in turn they will feed my garden

and everyone will think I am totally nutso.....
hahahaha

well that's ok

me and my wormies understand.......
meanwhile it's raining
I go tomorrow to jersey to see a friend of mine
she's got canning jars for me
woo hoo
another 5 dozen

I am TRIPPING over them but that's ok
I am also filling them

in fiber news...........
I have to knit wristlets and mittens......
I am going to knit baby mittens as I don't have time for the others
these are for two new classes I am going to teach.......
cool huh?
hahhahaha

ok I got to go
I have to start my day

ttyl

vi

3 comments:

  1. You sound like you leave here in New England! I'm in Gloucester and it has rained so much we are about to sink..... but it's good knitting weather anyway.

    Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you like the canning jars!

    I was thinking about your worm bin, wish I thought about it when you were here today. We have a plastic garbage can (outdoor kind) that we don't need. It came with the house. It's a cheaper plastic than those rubbermaid ones with the wheels. If we can meet soon, you can have it, cut off the bottom, and wait, there's more: it comes with a lid!

    Let me know (you know where I live!)
    ~pie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend who used to farm worms under her stairs!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi