Wednesday, June 01, 2005

of tarot cards and spices

I have a yen...............
not a yen as in a chinese coin.....
a yen as in I wanna get me a present....
or 6..?

I collect tarot cards....
I been reading tarot since 1970..... just for me.....
I enjoy it.
and I also collect decks.
(and I am waiting for my friend Julie to get her latest printed.. but that is a WHOLE 'nother story)

anyway, once a year I put in an order for tarot decks....... usually one or two that either I have been eyeing.....
or are new & different
my favorite decks are
the Halloween tarot
and the Victoria Regina
I am also quite fond of the whimsical tarot, which I waited for .. for quite a while actually

I have one deck I read with.
the others are purely collected

I did NOT get the comp tarot deck which is a shame however as I would have loved it.

when we needed some cash a year ago, I parted with a few decks. The herbal tarot was one I regret selling but what can you do.
there are other decks I would love even more
( like the Merryday tarot or the italian dog tarot)

anyway I am getting the tarot deck itch again.......
I am not too sure what decks will be on the short list yet........
but I think I am going have to scratch this particular itch......
I reason with myself......... I can ALWAYS SELL THEM........... on ebay
yea right.
( ok so well I did do that last year, along with my favorite teapot, and a few other things..sniff)
Anyway
I have been thinking of the Tarot of the dead..... ( day of the dead in mexico)
and maybe
Forest Folklore Tarot

or should I be really bad and get an Erotic tarot??????
( there is that groucho marx blinky thing going on again with my eyes)

hahahaha
anyway...........
I been thinking

of course right now I am not sure how many decks I have or exactly WHERE they all are.......
Please I am not sure if I am all here on any given day.......let alone where my decks are......
( I really need a glass doored bookcase with a lock to store this stuff in......... I got cats you know......
not just any cats......... LAPERMS!
oye
anyway..........

I don't know which decks to get.......
( I really can't afford any deck right now, but you know SOMETIMES......... well a girl has got to have fun.. and so does an old broad)
til next time
vi

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:31 PM

    ok, where's the spices? or is that what the erotic deck was for? i have 2 decks, one of which i read. they're both dragon decks, lol. one deck goes with me everywhere in my purse. i've had the yen to collect decks myself, but with the yarn collection (it's not a stash, it's a collection!) and dragons, i feel like i'd overwhelm this little house, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:50 AM

    Okay, so smartasses are into tarot? Where do you order them from? I'd like to see some.
    sallyjo

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/list.shtml
    here is where you can see a bunch of different decks

    I order mine from a wholesaler.....this time I am going to probably order a couple more and do the ebay thing
    vi

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite deck is the Celtic Wisdom - it's just gorgeous. It doesn't use the standards but is very similar. And did I mention beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I see five that I want! Is there a price thing on there that I can't find? How do I get these? I love the Tarot of Mermaids, Ananda Tarot (English), Barbara Walker's Tarot, Enchanted Tarot and Faeries Oracle

    ReplyDelete
  6. amie, check your pm's for info
    vi

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi