Sunday, June 05, 2005

I look like I lost the war & a RECIPE for chicken

I got a mess of a hematoma from the lab stick the other day..... really do NOT have lab work done then go to pt for your shoulders...

dumb, dumb, dumb
gees I swear I am the world's biggest dumb ass

But today I am feeling alot better, as you will see from what I did today.

Ok I have been batter dipping, breading and freezing chicken cutlets.
I have done 35 so far.....
I have 21 to go
that gives me 54 ( yes you did the math right, we are having two for dinner)
which means 27 meals of them in the freezer
( we like breaded chicken breast a lot)
I make my own batter and my own crumbs
the crumbs are 1 part shredded wheat & bran, and 2 parts cornbread.
then I add some herbs and a few spices......
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I have to tell you it is VERY GOOD.
really, very good.
and also pretty high in fiber too.
I cut all the fat off the breasts, and lightly dust them with flour, then dip in the batter then the crumbs.
I freeze them on wax paper on trays, then put them in freezer bags.
I cook them from the frozen state at 350 degrees until done.....I think it takes about 20-30 minutes.
( don't say I didn't tell you how to do this ok, it is really good)
no I don't have amounts.......
sorry I don't have actual written recipes

I have to do the last 21 tomorrow and then do the stuffed peppers, I will have three meals of them in the freezer then.
I will of course also make tomato sauce. I probably should make a casserole of baked ziti to freeze as well.
hmmmmmm
we'll see if the ricotta is still ok.

lets see............ in other news.
this coming week I am pretty light on appointments I think.......
but after that I got daily stuff and also classes to teach.
I am going to try and take pictures of the tank I am knitting for the Local yarn store.
I also am taking pictures of my soaps and toiletries ( to show packaging) for a webpage for my toiletries business.
I have to take pictures of my dollhouse miniatures for a page for them....
oye
tomorrow is the orthopedic doctor at the crack of dawn....... then I will be home to cook
Unless he decides to twist me into a pretzel.

I imagine the post about that will be pretty funny.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi