Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I can't believe I ordered the whole thing....

Those of you folks that are knitters and do some online posting around abouts may be familiar with Knitpicks ( NAYY)
Well if you are, I have to tell you, I have been cruising their site daily.

I am not proud to admit that I am stalking yarn, but there you have it.

Most particularly their Alpaca cloud as well as their Shimmer.
( notice the trend here? lace weights both of them)

I am feeling the lace pull again.
I thought that the mohair mobius would have gotten me over the lace obsession as really I think I am way too short, too fat and too spartan in my dress to do the whole lace shawl/stoll thing.
And really I am, so I have to restrict myself to scarves.
Which is ok as tablecloths and doilies are out as well, cause, well you know.......... THADDEAUS and all.
I don't want lace socks or lace hats ( to me the lace hat thing sort of defeats the purpose but that is only my opinion and if you are a lace hat person, more power to you and full knit ahead)
And lace gloves....... well I won't go there.... ( I swear I have the coldest hands in the universe..... cold hands and hot flashes? what the F***????????????????????)

Anyway, I have been lusting in my heart for way too long........
the sirens song of shimmer has cause me to do dispicable things..........
the thought of silken lace against my skin................. blended with wool..
how could I resist?
those of you who are scratching your head in bewilderment....... please leave now and save us all the grief.

ok so I will be getting it in a couple days......
and what pray tell did I get?
that my dears....... is for me to know........ and you all to see the pictures when it gets here.....
hahaha
til next time....
vi
here look at all the pretty pictures...............

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:46 PM

    Hey there Violet. I put a button on my blog for your blog. Yeay! Finally figured out how and where to do it. I am soooo proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:22 PM

    you little minx! you tease! (other choice names i will not say here). i hope you choke, i mean, enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:06 PM

    Oh yeah, nothing I like better than stalking yarn. Woo-HOO!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comment- it will take a while to appear on the site, as it does get moderated (to cut down on spammers- i also don't allow backlinks)
i do so appreciate your taking time to write to me
vi